Returning to Mystic Falls

He woke up to the bright rays of the sun. It was now morning. He looked over to Elena’s side of the bed to find that she wasn’t there. He instantly got up and looked for her. He first went to the balcony to see if she went down to the beach, and coincidentally, that is where she was. She was walking down the beach, wrapped in a small blanket. Elijah thought to himself that there was no sight in the world that was more beautiful. The way her hair was being blown in the wind and the sun’s rays shining down on her bronze skin made her look like an angel. And that is just what she is to him. He once again thought about the dream that he had the night before. He decided not to tell Elena about his dream; maybe as time passed he would, but right now was a happy time and he didn’t want to ruin that. He then changed out of his pajamas and quietly stepped out of the house, and started walking towards the beach. He walked slowly and carefully, not wanting to alarm Elena. All the hunting techniques he practiced back home in the Old World really paid off.

When he was close enough, he grabbed Elena and pulled her into his arms and twirled her around. Elena jumped at first and giggled. Elijah smiled and chuckled himself. After he set her down, she quickly wrapped them both in the blanket and leaned up to kiss him. When their lips were about to touch, Elena quickly pulled away and started laughing and ran down the beach.

“Catch me Elijah”, Elena demanded as she was running.

Elijah stood there for a minute, thinking about how he had been in this position before. He quickly brushed it off and smiled and ran after Elena. Of course, it didn’t take long until he caught up with her.

When he did, he wrapped his arms around her waist and whispered in her ear, “I caught you”.

Elena shivered as she heard his voice whisper in her ear. That instantly reminded her of the time they first met back at the mansion. He was able to make her shiver then and he still could now. Elijah laughed softly and turned her around slowly, cupped her chin, and kissed her.

The rest of their honeymoon was like this; Elijah and Elena would spend every second of the day with each other. On some days, they would walk on the beach for the whole day or go swimming in the ocean. On others, they would go out to town and go in, what it seemed like to Elijah, every store; although, Elijah didn’t mind. Whatever made Elena happy made him happy.

After staying in California for a week, Elijah and Elena finally went back to their home in Mystic Falls. Considering they had a very long flight coming back, they got back pretty late. As soon as they got home, Elena immediately headed to bed exhausted from the trip. Elijah stood in living room for a minute, thinking about his dream once more. He would need to tell Elena soon. He once again brushed it off. He then remembered that he had a meeting tomorrow. He felt uneasy about leaving Elena for a while, but this was very urgent. He had to know the truth. He thought maybe it was a good thing; Elena would have time to herself and to get reacquainted with her friends. He left it at that and headed to their bedroom. He quietly cracked the door, seeing if Elena was asleep, and she was. He smiled as he saw that Elena was buried beneath the silk covers. He always has adored watching her sleep. He opened the door and slowly crept inside the room, careful of not waking Elena up. He then changed out of his suit and put on pajamas and quietly slipped in bed. As soon as he was comfortable in bed, Elena snuggled up to Elijah. Elijah smiled as he pulled Elena closer to him, and fell asleep.