The Surprise Destination

At the foot of the stairs, there was a door. She cautiously opened the door and came upon a normal sized bedroom with a large bed. Seeing the bed, she left the door open and quickly ran over to the bed and laid back on it, on top of the comforter, and stared at the ceiling.

Elijah then assumed that Elena was upstairs, and headed up the stairs. He stopped at the archway of the door and leaned up against it.

Elena then saw him there and refocused herself from the ceiling to Elijah and smiled. “Come here Mr. Mikaelson”, Elena teasingly ordered.

He smiled and came over to the bed and laid back on it. Elena then quickly snuggled up to Elijah as close as she could get. Elijah then put his arms around her and kissed her forehead. Time went by and Elijah was about to say something when he realized that Elena was in a deep sleep. He smiled to himself as he held her in his arms and drifted off to sleep as well.

Elena and Elijah landed the next morning. Elijah already had a car waiting for them as soon as they got off the plane.

Elena thanked Charles and was about to get off the plane as Elijah quickly grabbed her and held her in his arms. Elena laughed and said Elijah’s name.He chuckled and turned her around to face him, holding out a blindfold.

“I don’t want to you to ruin the surprise”.

She huffed impatiently and turned back around so Elijah could put the blindfold on. He did and then picked up Elena and carried her out of the plane.

Elena then found herself being sat on a seat inside the car. Elijah then shut her door and went to the driver’s side and started the car.

“Can I take the blindfold off yet?” asked Elena.

Elijah chuckled and replied, “Not yet my lovely Elena”.

The car trip was fairly short; about 30 minutes or so. Elena noticed the car came to a stop.

“You can take it off now”, said Elijah.

Elena slowly took off the blindfold and saw the most beautiful sight she had ever seen. They had pulled up to a gorgeous three storied house that was right on the beach. The house was totally isolated and private; no houses were in sight anywhere. Elijah stared at Elena while she was observing everything. He really outdid himself this time, but then again, he always does for Elena.

“I thought since you originally wanted our wedding on the beach, and we decided against it, we could come to California for our honeymoon,” Elijah thought out loud.

Elena wore a wide smile and looked at Elijah and pecked Elijah on the lips and replied, “It’s perfect”. She then got out of the car and walked towards the front door of the house. Elijah quickly followed her and unlocked the door. They both went inside together. The house was beautifully decorated. Elena then found out that this house was one of Elijah’s many resorts that he had all over the world.

Elijah then took Elena shopping, fulfilling his promise.  When they finally went in the first store, Elijah gave her a credit card and told her to buy whatever she desired and headed over towards the men’s section.

By the time they finally went home, it was nearly sunset. After they both hung their clothes in their empty walk-in closet, Elena walked out of their room onto the balcony, staring at the sunset's glorious colors and its reflection upon the water. She closed her eyes as she took in the sound of the waves crashing upon the beach. She smiled when she felt Elijah’s arms wrapping around her waist.

She opened her eyes and looked at Elijah and said, “I love you Elijah”. Elijah responded by kissing Elena very passionately. Eventually, she led him to their bed and made love to each other for the first time.