Chapter 12: Mistake --- Arthur's POV

I was walking behind him, following him like a little puppy. Why did I let myself conviced to come along? It's the middle of the night, and he just came up with this ridicolous idea, and of course I didn't say NO...actually I didn't say anything. But somehow I felt that something wasn't right, something was strange about him tonight. What am I talking about, he's always acting peculiar. Today, at the game, he was in such a good mood. He was smiling at everyone, he was joking around with my dad...and now he is completely silent. He just walks in front of me, with his hands in his pockets, and from time to time he just looks shortly at me, probably to make sure that I am still behind. He's dressed in the same outfit he was wearing today, dark jeans that appeared too casual-looking on him, but it suited him perfectly, contouring his hips thoroughly, and that white T-shirt that made him look like he is just a careless young man, who just dressed up in the morning with the first thing he found in his messy closet. Actually, I am pretty sure he does that. 

I started to feel a little bit awkward in this silence...I felt like I needed to say something...anything, just to avoid this uncanny situation.

''So... where are we going to swim?'' I just realized that my voice was trembling.

''Into a river.'' He just gave me that answer like it was something that everyone does. Then he just stopped and turned to face me. He was having that ravishing grin on his face again, that smirk that always made me stutter. '' Relax, man....I'm not taking you to swim in a river...We'll swim in a pool, like normal people do.'' And with that he just turned on his heels and continued walking.

''Do I need to remind you that normal people don't swim at this time in the night? And where on earth is an open pool now?'' This whole situation was frustrating me more and more. I hated that he didn't wanted to talk to me...now he was really tormenting me.

So just like that, we continued our way: Alfred in front of me, still glancing at me and smilling from time to time, and I behind him, following and cursing under my breath. 

Suddenly he took left and we both started walking on an alley, and even if it was a deep darkness I realised that we are in some sort of park. I quicken my pace, until I was walking at his side.

''What is it? Are you scared of dark too?'' He asked me mockingly, and my first reaction was to roll my eyes. He's such an idiot sometimes. ''We're almost there.'' He continued reassuringly. And in that moment it hit me. The most important thing for me at that time.

''Shit....I don't have any swimming briefs at me!'' And with that Alfred started laughing so hard, that I actually thought that he would pass out at any moment. I was looking at him all puzzled. What could be so funny to him? When he finally calmed down a little, he took a deep breath and looked at me, trying hardly not to laugh anymore.

''Dude....you're hopeless!'' I was still confused.

''And what, pray tell, is it so funny?'' He shook his head and chuckled.

''Nothing...shall we move on, SIRE?'' And I could easily comprehend the irony in his voice. He was mocking me again. 

Shortly after that we arrived in front of a building, that looked like an old hotel. The place looked like it was deserted. Alfred kneeled down in front of a window that would lead into the cellar, and easilly opened it. My eyes widened in shock and I immediately jumped to stop him.

''What is it with you and trespassing on someone else's property? What if this time we actually get caught?'' I asked him in a desperate tone. 

''Would you just relax? Look around you...Do you see anybody? No one is here, beside us, ok? Now come on!'' And with that he opened the window and started getting inside, while watching me, his blue eyes shinning with enthusiasm. I felt the adreline pumping through my veins, and I immediately copied his actions. Of course he jumped from the window sill directly on his feet and of course I somehow managed to stumble, clinging on the back of his T-shirt, almost bringing him down with me. But he didn't fall, he turned and looked at me with a scowl.