Chapter 5: A new meeting...

"Just you?" Mr. Kirkland asked surprised.

"Um...Yes...Alfred had to go home." Arthur replyed fast, without looking at his father: "So...how was your trip?" He asked, trying to change the topic.

"It was nice... long, but nice. I bought something for you!" He said over-excited, and went into the living room, from where he came with a blue cap, with a huge NFL logo on it. He handed the cap over to Arthur, who was looking at his gift with an amused face.

"A cap. Thank's." He said, while trying to control his laugh. He knew that his father wasn't very good at making presents, but he learnt to apreciate the gesture. "A cap with the National Football league logo."

"Wait! That's not all!" And he went in the living room again, from where he returned with a bag handing it over to Arthur. The boy opened the bag, and pulled out a dark-blue NFL sport jacket.

"And a jacket with the same logo. I'm sorry, but what's with these gifts?" Arthur asked hesitating, mostly because he didn't want to hurt his father's feelings.

"What do you mean? I'm taking my son to Carolina Panthers football game?" He answered, almost shouting with excitement. Arthur was now looking at his father puzzled. "It will be great!"

"I didn't know you like football so much." Arthur said only for him to hear.

"Well...I have three tickets for the next game. It's on Saturday, so don't make any other plans!"

~~~~~~~~

It was the morning after a terrible night for Arthur. He couldn't sleep at all, because of Alfred's surprise visit from yesterday, and of course, because of his demanding request. That being said, he spend a restless night, thinking about what he should do. So now he was walking on the highschool's hallway, played out, with dark circles around his eyes. Not for long, because in front of him appeared the impetuos blond girl, who signed him up for the history club.

"Good morning, Arthur? Oh my... you should really get some sleep!"

"Good morning...Natalia, right?" Arthur said detached.

"Yes, silly!" She said, while looking at the british boy with a wide smile on her face. "Anyway...I just wanted to let you know that on Monday, we will be having a meeting at the History Club. The topic of the day : World War 2!" Natalia said, almost like presenting a television show. "So, you should come...you know...to impress us with your wide knowledge regarding history!" Arthur was now looking at Natalia having a bored expression.

"Sure...I'll try to be there."

"No, no, no, no,no!...You don't understand...you will be there!" She said, this time with a commanding tone. Arthur was confused:

"OKEY...Monday..."

"Second floor, room number 5, four o'clock. Bye!" And with that she left, leaving Arthur in the middle of the hallway, with a doubtful mimic. After collecting himself, he headed to politics class. He was hoping that Kiku will be there too...he needed to settle things up.

When he got into the classroom, Kiku was sitting at one of the desks next to the windows. Arthur seated right next to him, but because of the teacher who came in earlier, he hadn't had time to say anything to his friend, and he didn't wanted to be heard whispering , so he decided to write Kiku a note:

I acted awful on the hallway, that day. I was frustrated.

Sorry!

Arthur

Kiku read the note, and looked at the british boy, then smiled innocently. He took his pen, and begain writing a note too:

I understand and I understood you that day too. Honestly, I should be the one apologizing.