Twenty Four

Harry, Detective John Shaw and the rest of the team Harry had managed to gather, finally arrived at Hermosa Beach.

Sand pooled around the teams feet as they trudged through, catching sight of the shipping containers.

Several old metal containers sat in a long row facing the water, all of them varying in colour and rusted along the bottom from where the tide had come in and out, dragging the paint with it.

Harry had no idea which shipping container it could be, and if Alaya caught wind of them checking the containers before they arrived at the right one, she could quite easily kill Niall there and then.

Harry pulled out his phone and dialled the number to reach Louis Tomlinson.

"Louis, please tell me there's a way we can pin point which container the signal is coming from cause there's too many to check without alerting Alaya."

He could hear Louis furiously typing and clicking away on his computer, he was trying his hardest to comply to Harry's commands.

"I can't, the IP address is bouncing around all over the place there's no way for me to pin point an exact location." Harry sighed and hung up the phone, shoving it back into his pockets.

"Styles," John Shaw stepped forwards, loading a twelve round magazine into his gun, "We could just call her out, let her know that Clifford didn't take the plea bargain, if we tell her that Michael is getting the death sentence, there's no way out of it. She's been protecting him that long; she's going to want to do it again."

Harry thought it over; Shaw was a fantastic detective. The amount of cases he had managed to solve whilst he was lower down on the force was an incredible number, one that neighboured Harry's personal record.

Harry nodded at Shaw, instructing the swat team member beside him to find him a megaphone. He needed to be able to get into Alaya's head and Shaw's idea was the only way they would be able to ensure that Niall survived.

*

Alaya stood leaning against the desk in front of a now passed out Niall. Her head was bent low and her long hair had fallen in front of her face. Her mind had gone back to thinking about her brother; how she'd simply just let him be caught by the police. Her duty as an older sister was to make sure that her sibling was out of trouble, safe and unharmed yet here she was. She had deliberately sent her brother to the wolves as it were, she knew that he wouldn't do well in prison but she had no other choice. In her mind, at the time at least, it seemed like the right thing to do. He wasn't even meant to be dragged into this in the first place. He had only found out accidentally about what it was Alaya was doing. He had insisted on helping and this was the thanks he got for it. A life time in prison; though then again that was why she told him not to resist being caught. Her way of still protecting him even when she wasn't around was to make sure that he got the least possible sentence he could, it wasn't his fault he was now involved. She should have turned him away and persuaded him when she had the opportunity to.

"Alaya" A voice from outside called her mind back to the situation at hand. Her head snapped up towards the door of the dark damp shipping container of which she stood. "Alaya you know we have Michael," The voice on the otherside of the door was so familiar. It was a voice that had brought her comfort, had given her warmth when she'd needed it, had made sure she had recovered when she had deliberately made herself a victim; a way of making sure she was always one step ahead.

Alaya rushed over towards the door, pressing her ear up against it, listening in closer to Detective Styles' voice.
"We offered him a plea bargain, offered him a lesser sentence to give you up," A smile came to Alaya's face, that's how they found her; Michael had done exactly what she had said. "He didn't take it." Her heart dropped, she had made him promise, he knew that the only way he was going to be safe was that if he took that bargain why hadn't he listening to her? Her heart began pounding so loud she could hear it in her ears. Her eyes darted between the unconscious Niall and the door where she stood. She knew that Michael was only going to be safe if she gave herself up.