The Sea Heals Everything

"What are we going to do?" Annie says, leaning back on the kitchen counter and sighing heavily. Her posture has drooped and she looks deflated.

"I don't know," I say. "What a dick."

Annie shrugs her petite shoulders and fiddles with her top. "He's not so bad. He's been a good friend to me," she argues weakly, but I don't buy it.

"He's wrong about me. How could you ever support Snow?" I ask in disbelief.

"I guess he doesn't know you like I do," Annie says with a shy smile and blushing cheeks. Fuck it. I step towards her, typically tuck a strand of curly brown hair behind her tiny ears and press my lips against hers.

At first, she almost recoils in shock but doesn't pull away from me. Her mouth tastes of strawberry jam and orange juice, which isn't bad at all. I press my body against hers, so close that I swear I can hear her heart rate increasing with every touch. She wraps her arms around my neck and runs her fingers through my hair. When we're like this, it almost feels as if everything could be okay.

Annie teases me, biting my bottom lip and dragging her hands along my back. My hands reach to cup her face in my hands; my mind wants to take it slowly but my entire body feels as if it is on fire. Surprisingly, she tugs at the bottom of my shirt as if she could rip it off with her bare hands. Not that I would have a problem with that. She runs her fingertips up and down my chest and doesn't even flinch when I do the same. She's so fragile and delicate, it feels as if I could break her at any moment with a wrong move.

"Finnick," she gasps in between kisses.

"What's wrong?" I ask nervously.

"Nothing," she says and kisses me even harder. I pick her slender body up and sit her on the kitchen top, standing in between her legs. Monkey-like, she wraps herself around me and I shiver beneath her touch.

Eventually, I drag my lips away from hers with difficulty, her mouth is addictive. Breathing deeply, I look her in the eyes and ask the burning question. "Annie, are we just friends? Like you told Ray?"

"I don't know," she whispers, barely audible. "Not if we're doing this."

"I don't want to be 'just friends' with you," I tell her softly. "I'm head over heels in love with you."

She looks startled, as if she wasn't expecting that, but she already knows how much I love her.

"I think I love you," she says, igniting my soul with the words I have wanted to hear for so long. We just hold each other for a minute, our heart beats in perfect synchronisation. I kiss her neck gently, I want her entire body.

"We need to work out what we're going to do," Annie whispers, sighing into my shoulder. I don't want to think about that right now, but Annie seems worried and tense. Gently, I place my hands on her shoulders and shake her slightly.

"Don't worry. We can work this out," I tell her, having to force my hands not to drift any lower.

"Why don't you go and speak to Johanna?" she suggests. I don't want Johanna, I only want you.

"Annie, please," I say, feeling pathetic and helpless. I try to kiss her again but she pulls away.

"You need to sort this out," she tells me firmly. "Go and find her."

Reluctantly, I pull away, my whole body on fire with love and lust and confusion.

"Fine," I say, not harshly, just sadly. "I'll be back soon."

I grab a jacket from my wardrobe, pull the hood up to hide my face and walk as casually as I can through the bustling market outside. Luckily, there are lots of people dressed in similar clothing, and everyone is too wrapped up in their own business to worry about me.