Trying To Charm Annie

• Dedicated to Everyone who has voted so far!

Not long after Zac and Annie arrive, they are sent to bed by Tricia, who claims they need to get a good night's sleep. Like a punished child, I am also ordered to bed as if I'm one of the tributes as well.

''I think you're forgetting that I'm a mentor, I'm not a little tribute anymore! You don't have to babysit me,'' I snap angrily before slamming my bedroom door. Stressed from being treated like a child that has to be babysat, I collapse in bed. I screwed things up today, looking like a fool in front of Annie. Zac was annoyingly pretentious; it doesn't help that he's older and taller than me. I need to stop acting like a spoilt brat and start acting as if I actually have some authority.

No one knocks at my bedroom window tonight, but I find my mind drifting to Annie Cresta. She's gorgeous, without even realising it, and I decide to make more of an effort to talk to her tomorrow. Thinking of her, I drift off to sleep.

Hannah and I curl up together against the cold rock, sheltering from the deadly acid storm that melts the surrounding greenery to dust. My hands find hers and hold them tightly to stop them from shaking.

''Finnick,'' she whispers, almost in tears. ''I'm scared.''

''Me too, Hannah. Don't worry, the rain will stop soon, and then it'll be safe to go out,'' I say, comforting her.

''I'm not scared of the rain. I'm scared that one day,'' her voice trembles, ''one of us will have to kill the other.''

My heart drops as she voices the fears I've been pushing back since we formed the alliance. One thing's for sure, she won't have to kill me in the end, which is a horrible thought; but I need to do whatever it takes to win.

''Hannah, please, don't think about that,'' I say, quietly. She shakes her head with worry, as if she's trying to force the thoughts from her mind. Softly, I kiss her forehead and she moves her lips towards mine. Our first kiss. We are pressed against eachother, our bodies frantic in the cold weather. Her tongue interlocks with mine in a passionate embrace and for a few minutes, I forget where we are.

Our first, and last, kiss. Little did I know that in just a few hours, Hannah would be killed. However, as soon as the cannon signalled her death, my heart breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I wouldn't have to be the one to kill her. I'd had the words ''do whatever it takes to win'' drilled into me ever since I was selected in the Reaping, and I was prepared to kill Hannah to do so. I begin to cry silently as I think about what an awful person I am.

All of a sudden, blinding sunlight begins to creep through the curtains, and I know that it's time to start doing my job; mentoring Annie and Zac. I pull on a fresh shirt and pressed trousers, comb my hair until it's acceptably tousled, before flashing my reflection a conceited grin. Looking handsome, Finnick.

I knock on Zac's door first. He calls for me to enter, and I'm startled and surprised to see him doing topless pull-ups on the four poster bed. His muscular chest rivals mine, and he smiles at me before jumping down to the ground and pulling on a white t-shirt that shows off each defined abdominal muscle.

''I thought I'd wake up early and do my usual fitness routine. Can't let myself go, being surrounded by all this luxury,'' Zac says, eyeing me up and down.

''Great, well done,'' I say, somewhat sarcastically, before telling him he needs to be downstairs in half an hour.

Next, I go and knock on Annie's door. She calls me to enter. As soon as I walk in, she gasps and runs to her wardrobe, peeking over the top.

''Shit, Finnick. I thought you were Tricia,'' Annie says, blushing. Little does she know that directly behind her is a mirror, in which I can see the skimpy nightgown, patterned with miniature stars, that barely covers her tiny body. Long, wavy brown hair flows like a waterfall down her back and there are light, soft freckles on her back.