Chapter 7: The Battle For The Slowpokes pt. 1

(Caution: Blood and violence warning)

     Gold stammered back a bit, his eyes filled with fear. Melody just raised her eyebrow higher and folded her arms. "Team Rocket?" she questioned. Melody had only heard about them in stories that her neighbors in Kanto told. They spoke of how Team Rocket once overtook the old Pokémon Tower, and how they tried to steal a top secret object from Silph Company in order to capture the infamous legendary Pokémon Mewtwo. In the end they were thwarted by a boy named Red, who had later on went missing, and they disbursed; their leader claiming Team Rocket would never again be in business. But to Melody none of this seemed like much of a threat. Rather, it seemed odd that they were still in existence since their leader, Giovanni, claimed they would never be heard of again.

    Gold nodded his head furiously at Melody grabbing her shoulder and tugging her back. He then stepped in front of her protectively.
"Melody these guys are dangerous. They will hurt you or even kill you if they think you'll inter fear with whatever it is they're doing. I thought they were only invading the bigger cities of Johto, looks like I was wrong," stated Gold glaring at the man in the black suit. "This guy... this grunt right here's not one of the more dangerous ones, but he can still do a lot. They take advantage of their authority and act all tough. Sometimes even abusing their "power" by abusing and taking advantage of innocent people." Rather than being startled, Melody let out a chuckle and walked around Gold and stood in front of him, face to face with the grunt.
"So you think you're a tough guy hu?" she asked him in a teasing tone. The grunt's cheeks flashed a brighter red at her teasing him and he gritted his teeth.
"I DON'T THINK BITCH, I KNOW I'M TOUGH!" he shouted.
"Oh so you don't think? Good. Thinking's bad for a person with little to no brain cells," replied Melody with a smirk. The Team Rocket grunt narrowed his eyes at the young female trainer and a smug, naughty grin crept onto his face as he reached out his hands and scooped up Melody's wrists and gripped them tightly.
"You better mind what you say girl," he said in a low voice as he tugged Melody closer to him; they were chest to chest with one another, they're faces only inches apart. "Because a man like me can do some sick things to a pretty little thing like you. And unfortunately for you I'm one of those kinds of men heh heh," continued the grunt, his voice now a horse whisper. Melody let a deep, somewhat animal like, growl escape her throat as the grunt threatened her. "You don't scare me," she replied, in a neutral tone.
"Oh? Heh heh, and why not? Because you should be."
"Because I know I can beat your ass up. Without even having to call on my Pokémon for backup."
"Oh is that so? Well then go ahead and prove to me you can do that," sneered the grunt tempting Melody to attack him. A small creepy grin tugged at the corners of Melody's mouth as she nodded her head at the grunt.
"Oh I plan to," she said her voice filled with a little excitement. Quickly she fell downward and swung her leg forward, driving it into the grunt's crotch. The grunt let out a shout as he went down, and released Melody's wrists. Melody stood up and rubbed her wrists, and put a foot to the grunt's chest, threatening to push down and cut off his air supply. She tilted her head and her creepy grin grew wider. "Told you," she sneered. The grunt's eyes filled with fear as he stared up at the female trainer,
"Alright alright I get it!" he cried struggling to get free.
"Good," replied Melody taking her foot off him. Quickly the grunt jumped up and ran over to the ladder of the well. He gave the two trainers a long, cold glare and scurried down into it.

       Ember leaped off of Melody's shoulders and ran over to the mouth of the well and stood in front of the ladder that lead down into it.
"Quil cynda cyndaquil! (Melody we should go after him!)" she said placing a paw on the ladder. Melody looked back at Gold and the two if them nodded in agreement. Just as Melody had placed a hand on the ladder, an old man came marching up to them
"Hey what're y'all doin'? Don't you know y'all get yourselves killed if you go down there?!" exclaimed the old man. Melody let a out a smile sigh.
"Yes, I know. But I have to go get that guy to find out what he's deal is," she replied, walking up to the old man.  
"Well it's no place for a young one to try and stop criminals ya know. I'll go instead. And there's nothin' y'all can do to stop me!" and with that statement, the old man scurried over to the ladder of the well and shimmed down into the darkness.
"Welp, we'll never see him again!" said Gold who was peering down into the darkness of the well. Melody punched him in the arm
"Don't say that! C'mon let's go down there and give him backup," Melody began to climb down the ladder in the same manner the old man had. "Melody, wait, you here what the old geaser said, you'll get yourself killed!"  
"I don't care. I want to find out what's up."

     Deep in the darkness of the well (which was lit up by torches on the walls), stepped Melody, followed closely behind by her traveling companion. A voice could be heard as they reached the bottom. "Ow my leg" it said. Gold recognized the voice as the old man's and alreted Melody of the subject. The two trainers spoke with the man who had apparently tripped and fell off the ladder as he made his way down. Melody directed that the old man stay put while they investigated, and with little objection to the old man the two trainers went deeper into Slowpoke well. As they traveled further inside, in the faint light from the torches, voices could be heard, sobbing. Figures could be seen which can only be described as the silhouette of sobbing potato sacks. But wait... sobbing sacks of potatoes? No, those were actually sobbing Slowpokes. Wait... Slowpokes? As in a type of Pokemon? Sobbing? But why? Melody walked over to one of the silhouettes to find out. As she came into view of the Pokemon, she let out a horrified gasp as she realized the Pokemon was laying in a puddle of blood, tears streaming down it's sad, pink face. And wait a minute... what's that under her foot? Oh Arecus... Melody was stepping in blood. The blood was everywhere! But how could one Pokemon produce so much blood? But it wasn't just the one Slowpoke that was bleeding, no all the "silhouettes of sobbing potato sacks" must be bleeding. But from where? Melody knelt down next to the Slowpoke and examined it. She noticed that it's rear end was bare. Usually a Slowpoke's ass wasn't bare... what was suppose to be- OH MY ARECUS it's tail is missing! All of the Slowpoke's tail's are missing! But what kind of monster could have done such a thing?
"Team rocket," Melody concluded letting out one of her animal like growls again.  She stood up and looked over to a place where light apperared to be spliing through. Voices could be heard coming from the area. "Let's go," said Melody in a low voice as she began to head towards to light.