Chapter 6: On We Go to Azalea Town

The bright light of dawn entered the guest room of the Pokémon center hitting Melody strait in the face. She let out a groan and threw the covers over her head. "Turns off the suuun.... it's too early for this shiiit" she muttered through the blanket. Ember awoke as she hear her trainer groan. She stood up and stretched then hopped on Melody's head.
"Cyndaaa! Cynda. Cyndaquiiiil (Melodyyy! Get up. We gotta get going)" she whined trying to cokes her trainer to come out from under the covers. Melody let out another groan and peeked from under the covers. Slowly she crawled out from underneath them.
"Alright Ember I'm up," she stated with a loud yawn.

           After having a bite to eat and getting their Pokémon healed once again, the three trainers, Pokémon on hand, leave the Pokémon center. They walk down the road to the front of the Poké mart and stop.
"Melody we have to go down this path here in front of the Pokémart. That official looking path up the street leads to the Ruins of Alph and I don't think you wanna go there just yet," remarked Gold.
"Ooh ok," replied Melody.
"Well then guys this is where I lead off on my own. I'm going to go challenge Falkner now," said Alex to the other two trainers.
"Aww ok little brother. You sure you'll be alright?" asked Melody concerned for her younger sibling.
"Yes, I'll be fine Mel," huffed Alex who embraced his sister in a hug.
"Alright then. Call every time you beat a gym leader or catch a new Pokémon alright bro?" said Melody letting go of Alex and backing up a bit.
"I promise," replied Alex rolling his eyes. Before he went off on his own he glared at Gold a moment then nodded at him. He waved at his sister and then walked off towards the gym and disappeared inside. Melody let out a sigh, "They grow up so fast. Well let's get going." Gold nodded his head in agreement and the two remaining trainers began to head off down Route 32.

          "So Melody....." said Gold folding his hands together and resting them on the back of his head.
"Yess?" replied Melody looking at Gold suspiciously.
"Do you thi-"
"Hold that thought," said Melody cutting Gold off. "I hear voices."
"You know I hear they make pills for that," replied Gold with a cheesy grin.
"No smart ass I'm being serious, listen," she said shushing Gold.
"You stupid mutt! I wish some trainer's Pokémon would just kill you already you good for nothing son of a bitch!" shouted the voice. Melody let a growl escape her throat at hearing this. She turned the corner to see two boys wielding stick, standing in front of two trees. In the nook of the trees lay a Pokémon who appeared to be whimpering from pain.
"HEY WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING TO THAT POKEMON?!" shouted Melody at the boys.
"Fuck off," said the one boy.
"Yea it's none of your business what we're doing to my worthless Pokémon!" stated the other swinging his stick down to smack the Pokémon, who let out a howl of pain.  
"IT IS WHEN YOU'RE ABUSING THE POOR THING!" hollered Melody who then took off her bag and threw it to the ground, and then charged at the boys. Ember jumped from her shoulders as she headed towards the boys. Melody ran up to the one punching him hard, strait dead in the face. The boy fell to the ground with a thud and began to sob. She then did a roundhouse kick, knocking the second boy the ground. Quickly she picked up the first boy's stick and pointed it at the second's chest. "Gold, grab that Pokémon," commanded Melody in a pissed off tone. Gold nodded and nervously walked up to the Pokémon. Carefully, he reached down and lifted it up. The Pokémon let out a heart wrenching whine as Gold picked it up and it struggled to get away.
"Hey hey! It's alright I'm trying to help you!!" said Gold trying to get the poor thing to calm down. The Pokémon then reached around and bit Gold's arm. Gold let out a yell and dropped the Pokémon who scrambled away to the nearest bush and disappeared inside. Ember ran after the Pokémon and looked at it inside the bush, she watched it to make sure it wouldn't get away. Melody glared at the boy who was under her stick coldly.
"Do you think it's fun to hurt things weaker than you?" she asked. "THEN LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!" And with that, Melody lifted the stick and swung it back down, hitting the boy in the stomach. The boy let out an "auhck" as he was hit. A little ways back sirens wailed and soon a cop car appeared. The first boy had called the police. Out of the car came an officer Jenny.
"Alright girly put the stick down!" said Jenny pointing a gun at Melody. Melody let out a gasp and quickly threw the stick to the ground.
"Officer Jenny I can explain why I hit these boys!" she said. "Yea yea tell it to the judge," said the officer coming around to handcuff Melody.
"No really we can!" said Gold trying to help.
"Melody attacked those boys because they were beating up a poor little Pokémon!" Officer Jenny glared at Gold,
"Then where is this Pokémon?"
"In that bush," replied Gold pointing to the bush with his good arm; the bush that Ember was standing in front of.
"Quil! (that's right!)" said Ember disappearing inside the bush. A couple seconds later she came out pushing the the injured Pokémon out. The Pokémon was a Poochyena, a Pokémon that's not found easily in the Johto region unless from trade or capture in the Hoenn region. The Poochyena was a shiny, but a little bit different than a normal shiny of it's kind. It had a brown nose rather than a blue one and had one blue eye and one golden eye rather than two blue ones.
"That good for nothing Pokémon should have never been bred! I spent hours breeding my Mightyena with that foreign Ditto to get a shiny and what I get is the lousiest shiny ever born!" growled the second boy who sat up.
"That poor thing!" shouted the officer who swung around to glare at the boys. "You two are commin with me." With that, the officer helped the two injured boys into her squad car and locked them inside. "I'll be taking that Pokémon," said Jenny trying to grab at it. The Poochynea let out a growl  and darted off, not to another bush but behind Melody.
"I-I think it wants to stay with me Officer Jenny," Melody said in a shaky voice. Jenny sighed and massaged her temples.
"Fine... I'l let it stay with you," she said getting into the car and drove away. 

          "You poor thing," said Melody turning around to kneel next to the Poochyena. "Gold do me a favor and hand me my bag please." Gold nodded and picked up her bag then brought it over to her and put it down. "Holy fucking my Arceus Gold, what happened to your arm?!" screamed Melody as she noticed the bite on Gold's arm. Gold sighed,
"The Poochyena bit me really hard..."
"Aww poor baby. Hold on, I'll help you after I help the Poochyena," replied Melody. She reached for her bag and dug around inside. Eventually she pulled her arm out and in her hand was a potion.
"This will sting a little at first but then you'll fel all better," she said to the Poochyena as she began to spray the potion onto its wounds. Several minutes later after using up 2 potions, the Poochyena was finally healed enough. The Pokémon was so happy it began to run around, yipping with joy. It ran up to Melody and licked her cheek in thanks making the female trainer giggle, "You're welcome! You must like me don't you?" the Poochyena nodded.
"How sweet. Now can you please help me?" remarked Gold.
"Oh right, heh he sorry," replied Melody.  After wrapping up Gold's wound Melody picked up the Poochyena "Now... what shall we call you? Hey what gender are you?" asked Melody.
"Chyena (male)" said the Poochynea.
"Ok then... I'll call... you.... Wolfen." 

       Onward the trainers walk. Along the way, Melody ran into a Mareep and caught it with the help of her new Pokémon Wolfen. The Mareep, who was a female, was then dubbed Amy. Fianlly, Melody had her first 6 Pokémon, a full team. After a while they finally arrived in Azalea Town. However not all was safe and quiet like they had expected. Around the town came shrieks of panic. "Hey... what's going on?" questioned Melody as she walked further in the town. When the two trainers came to walk in front of a well, a man in a black suit with a big red, letter 'R' on his shirt ran up in front of them.
"Hey punks, who are you?" he asked in a sly voice. Melody arched an eyebrow at the man as she noticed the 'R' on his shirt.
"What's that R stand for? Something completely dumb I'm sure," replied Melody smugly. The man's cheeks flashed red with embarrassment. "NO YOU FUCKING BITCH!" he shouted in his own defense
"The R stands for Team Rocket!"