Chapter 1: The Journey Begins!

Walking down Route 29, Melody came across a large path of tall grass. Luckily now she had Ember, her Cyndaquil, to help her in case of a wild Pokémon attack occurred. So cautiously Melody stepped into the grass and slowly began to walk, making sure to keep a sharp eye out for any wild Pokémon. When she had thought she was in the clear as she reached the edge of the grass, a Pokémon jumped out at her and flew in her face, knocking her over. It was a wild Pidgey . Ember instinctively knew what to do, she leaped off of Melody's shoulder and into battle. "Alright Ember! Use tackle attack," yelled Melody. Ember nodded and did as she was told, tackling the Pidgey head first. The Pidgey quickly got up and tackled Ember right back. "Ember! Tackle it again," said Melody worrying about her partner. Recovering from the attack Ember jumped up and tackled the little bird Pokémon once again, this time knocking it out. Melody got up from where she fell and picked up Ember, placing her back on her shoulders. "That was a good battle Ember! You did a good job!!" she said, praising her Pokémon and walking out of the tall grass.

     The two soon arrived at a town. Melody stopped to read a sign which said, "Cherrygrove City: The City Of Fragrant Flowers."
"Huh, interesting, I must remember this town," said Melody reading the sign. She shrugged and continued to walk into the town, only to be stopped by a creepy old man.
"Well hello there! You must be a rookie trainer hu? Heh heh I can tell!" said the man with a chuckle. He eyed the golden haired trainer and a large smile grew on his face, making Melody shutter. "I can... show you a few things if you'll follow me," continued the creepy old man liking his lips.
"Uuuh, no thanks, I think I'll be alright," replied Melody creeped out and trying to get away from the old man. However, he wasn't having it and grabbed her arm, dragging her in front of an orange roofed building.
"This is the  Pokémon Center. It where you go to rest and heal your Pokémon," said the man, using his free hand to point to the building. Moving on, he dragged Melody next door to a building with a blue roof on it. "This is the Pokémart. They sell helpful items here for you to use... Like pokéballs for catching wild Pokémon!" continued the old man. He then lead poor Melody to a path, "Route 30 is out this way. Trainers battle pokemon there. If you go just a bit farther you'll reach Mr. Pokémon's house!" said the man looking out at the path.
"Oh great, 'cause that's where I need to-"
"MOVING ON!" shouted the old man, cutting her off. "And finally... heh heh, this is my house!" announced the old man with a chuckle.
"Uuuh o...kay... Look dude, try to drag me in there to give me a "tour" and I'll have my Pokémon  roast you! That's a promise!" yelled Melody.
"Cynda! (That's right!)" agreed Ember growling at the old guy.
"Okay! Okay! I get the message," huffed the old man.
"But uh, as a token of my gratitude  for coming with me on this tour," said the man "Like I had a choice," mumbled Melody through her teeth. "I'll give you my running shoes, they're still warm!" squawked the old man removing his smelly shoes.
"NO THANKS! I have a lovely pair of Combat boots on right now thanks you very much!" screeched Melody waving her hands in front of her. The old man shrugged.
"Fine, I'll just give you a map then," said the creepy man chucking a chip at her. "Use it to upgrade your Pokégear," said the old man walking into his house and slamming the door in her face.
"Man just because I didn't want him to rape me doesn't mean I don't have a heart! It wasn't very nice of him to slam the door in my face like that..."  huffed Melody with a sort of relived sigh. She put the chip into a slot on her Pokégear and said, "C'mon Ember, we're wasting time here..."

              Finally arriving at a house, Melody read a mailbox which said," Home of Mr. Pokémon."
"Well this must be the place!" she said cheerily. Knocking on the door and hearing, "Come in," from a voice inside, Melody walked into the house to see two men inside. One of them who was wearing a brown hat and coat walked up to her.
"Hello! You must be Melody. I'm Mr. Pokémon!" he said with a smile. He motioned for her to sit in a chair and Melody did as she was told. Mr. Pokémon then walked over to a containment unit and carefully pulled out an egg. "This is what you were sent here to receive. I want Professor Elm to examine it," said Mr. Pokémon gently handing off the egg to Melody. "You should rest a while before you head back Miss Melody," said Mr. Pokémon.
"Ok!" agreed Melody, putting away the egg. Mr. Pokémon smiled and handed her a bowl of Pokémon food for Ember and some soda for her.
"And with that I make my introduction!" said the second man who had patiently waited for his turn. "Hello! I'm Professor Oak a Pokémon researcher. So you're Melody! I was just visiting my friend here when I heard you were coming so I waited here," said the Professor who began to drool at the sight of Melody. Oh great another creeper. Why me? thought Melody shuttering. "Oh!" shouted Professor Oak. He quickly snatched Ember from Melody's shoulders and began to study her, flipping her around and upside-down. Ember struggled to get free from his grip, but the old Professor wasn't letting go. "What's this? A rare Pokémon!" shouted the old man, fascinated with Ember. Melody quickly grabbed  Ember from the old man's clutches and held her tightly in her arms. "You must be helping Professor Elm with his research!" said Professor Oak eyeing Melody.
"Yeah.... so what?' asked Melody suspiciously.
"How would you like to help me out?" asked the old Professor. "Uh do I have a choice?" Melody asked, hoping he'd say yes.
"NOPE! Now here take this, its a Pokédex. It'll register any Pokémon you see, battle, or catch. Now I've stayed to long I must be on my way. Until next time young trainer," said Professor Oak handing Melody the Pokédex and leaving.

      "Well I best be off Mr. Pokémon. Thank you for the egg I'll make sure it gets to Professor Elm safe and sound," said Melody waving to the man as she walked out of his house. She closed the door and began to walk back the way she came when all of a sudden her Pokégear rang. Quickly she picked it up, "Hello?" she said.
"H-hello? Melody? It's a disaster! Uh, um, it's just terrible! What should I do? It... Oh, no... Please get back here now!" cried Professor Elm frantically. Suddenly he hung up.
"Whoa. I wonder what happened.... Well I guess we're about to find out! C'mon Ember, we gotta hurry back to help the Professor!"  Melody said worried. She put away her Pokégear and put Ember back onto her shoulders as she began to run back to the lab to find out what had happened to make the Professor call sounding so frantic.