Chapter 4: Sprout Tower

"Melody! Melody! Wait up!" called Gold to Melody who was walking across the bridge leading to the Sprout Tower. "Melody are you insane? Why are you trying to go into Sprout Tower all alone?!" he asked once he had caught up to her. Melody paused a moment then slowly turned around to face Gold, a serious look plastered on her face.
"Gold, I'm not all alone I have Ember, Buttercup and Okojo with me," she replied calmly.
"I know but... why? Why are you even going to try to go in there?" Gold asked concerned.
"Like you said before, my Pokémon are all under leveled. I want to train a little bit so they can get strong enough to face the gym leader!" Melody replied. She didn't say another word to Gold she only patted his shoulder to reassure him that everything would be fine and continued to walk.

        Inside the Sprout Tower it looked old and broken down. There were a couple of statues erected around the room, all shaped like Bellasprouts. That must be why the tower got it's name Melody thought, looking around.
"The reason why the Sprout Tower is called the Sprout Tower is because there is legend that a 100 foot tall Bellasprout once lived here," said an old mysterious voice.
"Who said that?" asked Melody looking around.
"I said it" said the voice from a dark corner. Out of it came a bald, monk looking man. "Welcome young trainers," he greeted. "Are you here to train?" "Yes" replied Melody.
"Well then be warned there are a couple other monks like myself waiting to battle upstairs" he said pointing to a nearby ladder.
"Battle?" Melody asked. "Battle" Gold replied.
"Battle!" Melody exclaimed charging towards the ladder. Quickly she began to climb up, excited for a battle. But when she got up there she saw a bunch of bald monks lying on the floor with their Pokémon near them. They were all knocked out.
"Aw man, someone already beat me here!" stated Melody disappointed. She continued to make her way into the Tower looking for at least one person to battle. But there was no one left. All trainer she saw was exactly the same, worn out with fainted Pokémon. "There's got to at least be one person left! There has too!" stated Melody as she headed up the last ladder. Up on the final floor Melody and Gold spotted a bald monk and standing in front of him, was a girl with light brown hair who was wearing a dress. Melody knew this could only be one person, "Hailey," she growled at the girl who turned around to face the two trainers.
"Well lookie what the Skitty dragged in! If it isn't the little trainer who beat me by a fluke after I got my worthless Chikorita. And she's got herself a little boyfriend. Oh how sweet. So you called my bluff and brought backup for the next time we'd meet did you?" sneered Hailey. Gold's eyes widen at her saying this and a light blush cross his face. Melody gritted her teeth and threw out a pokéball,
"Alright bitch that's it! First off, Gold's just a friend. Second off I can beat you again. And I will, right now. Let's battle!" from the pokéball Melody had thrown out came little Buttercup, the shiny Caterpie, who looked ready for a fight. Hailey look at the girl and her Pokémon and let out a chuckle,
"Pssh I'm not going to fight you. At least not now. No wonder you're ready to challenge me; you know my Pokémon are weak from defeating those other monks. Plus they're all knocked out from that old dickhead back there," she pointed her thumb towards the final old monk who sat behind her. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna take my poor babies to the Pokémon center now," she said shoving Gold and Melody out of her way. Quickly she scurried down the ladder, disappearing from sight. 

         "Hmph, that girl's so rude..." said the old Monk crossing his arms. Slowly he let out a sigh and unfolded them, and looked at Melody with a smile. "So... battle?" he asked cheekily.
"Battle!" exclaimed Melody excited. "Buttercup now you're chance to really shine. Go get 'em!"
"Piiee!" cried Buttercup in replied to its owner. Quickly it made its way towards the old monk and waited for him to send out his Pokémon. The monk threw out a pokéball which released a Bellasprout.
"Ok then, Buttercup use string shot!" commanded Melody. Buttercup nodded and with that it began to spray a white sticky substance from its mouth which appeared to be webs, onto the Bellasprout. The Bellasprout struggled to get free from the sticky strings but it was no use. "Alright then tackle it Buttercup!" shouted Melody encouragingly. Buttercup did as commanded and charged forward, banging into the Bellasprout and knocking it out with ease.
"Hmm very good young trainer.  But I have 5 more Bellasprout where that came from," said the old monk with a cheesy grin. Melody almost fell over when he said this.
"5 more?! Oh man..."