『 twenty: THE HAPPINESS OF JUNE SWAN. 』

『 chapter xx: THE HAPPINESS OF JUNE SWAN

chapter xx: THE HAPPINESS OF JUNE SWAN.  』

JUNIPER SWAN WAS WARY OF HER OWN HAPPINESS

JUNIPER SWAN WAS WARY OF HER OWN HAPPINESS. Nothing good ever came from being in a good mood for too long, in her case. June was used to being fake happy, oh, she had gotten that emotion down long ago. But she was wary of being happy, actually happy; like the kind of happy that had her smiling out from ear to ear, the happiness that had her clutching her stomach from laughing too much and her cheeks feeling numb from grinning so hard. But she wasn't wary of the source, of where it came from, June quite believed wholeheartedly in the reason to her happiness. Which was why she was more wary of her happiness rather than why she was happy. June knew why; but god did her heart feel heavy when the happiness settled and sunk it and told her mind, hey, you're okay, it's okay to smile right now, you don't need to convince anyone, you're happy, you're happy, you're actually happy—June wish she could say it was her sister or her mom and dad, or the impending arrival of her baby brother. June loved for them, woke up with some love in her heart because she got to see their faces but she lived everyday, as depended it seemed, for Jacob Black.

                     Hanging out with him made her feel better; she hadn't been okay in a long time, nor could she sleep after everything that happened with James. But seeing Jacob, seeing his face and just being in his presence fed her dying soul like the only source of vitality it needed. Unlike June, Jacob was a perpetually happy person, and he carried that happiness around him like an aura and spread it to those in need of some, sharing it with anyone nearby. Like an earthbound sun, whenever someone was in his gravitational pull, Jacob warmed them. It was natural for him, like breathing, he didn't have to really try, it was just who he was.

"I never got to ask you," Jacob's voice sounded out, drowning out the hum of David Bowie as he spoke. "Since when did Bella get into motorcycles? No offense, but she looks like she can barely ride a regular bike."

June let's a giggle escape her lips. Yeah, she's fucking giggling, wow, this is all new to her. She sat on a car seat that was taken out from the Rabbit as Jacob worked his magic on the metal skeleton that was the bikes she was asking him to repair. He was tightening some bolts—? If she was correct, he was doing something and had his back turned to her when he asked, not seeing the flicker of hesitance written on her features.