Chapter 11

I open the wooden kitchen cabinet fast, hoping it won't squeak. I leave it open and walk to the refrigerator to find some bacon, eggs, different cheeses and variety of condiments. I grab all the ingredients I need and begin to scramble the eggs. I add a pinch of salt and throw in some red and green peppers. I mix it in with some chedder and American cheese and let the oil heat up in the silver pan. I feel soft, delicate arms wrap around my waist and a cheek rest on my back. "Whatcha cookin' good lookin'?" She says. I laugh to myself and answer her. "An omelet with bacon and toast on the side." She moves in position so I can see her. She is wearing a big black shirt with some sweat shorts. I stroke the outline of her "Faith" tattoo and hold her waist. "That was an amazing night, Ryan." She whispers in my ear. I kiss her sweet lips and look her in the eyes. "What?" She asks. "Nothing. I just never felt so happy in all my life. You are so beautiful and exciting and precious. I really have fallen in love with you." I see a tear escape her eye and I hold her tight. She laughs in my chest and wipes her tear away. "Here. I'll cook with you." She takes the fork from my hand and scrambles the eggs. I rest my hands on her ass, rubbing it in circles gently. "We just woke up baby" Demi says. "Yeah. I know I'm just admiring you....and your body."

        For a couple of months, ever since the first time Demi and I had sex, things began to get what some people might call "excessive". Demi and I were very intimate. We were having sex three, four times a day. There was no stopping us. We were so passionate in bed. Our lust was indescribable, the sensation was intense and every bone in my body wanted her more and more each day. Sex in the morning, sex in the afternoon, sex at night and sometimes we would have sex on the floor if we could not make it to the bed.

         I go to school and as I am outside campus taking my photography class, I see Demi outside in her music production class. I wave and she smiles as she sings to the melody of guitar. Sexy  Demi turned me on, but when she was singing and laughing and telling me corny jokes, I could not contain myself. I watch her on the other side, listening to her soothing voice. I hear her humming and watch her close her eyes, matching the pitch of the guitar perfectly. If I could, I would have made love to her right then and there on the plush green grass. I had all these crazy desires all of a sudden. I was not able to think straight. I wanted to do so much stuff to her. I stop and look at my class, who is already far off into the campus trees taking pictures. My camera is dangling from my neck and Demi waves and blows a kiss towards me. I take a picture of her and walk backwards towards my class.

        On my way home, I get a call from my mom. I have no intentions of seeing her or talking to her right now. I get home and begin to work on graphic design portfolio for my job. Once again, the phone rings. I hear the sobbing of my mother on the other line. "Mom?" I say. "I am so sorry you have to hear me like this." She says, struggling through each word. "Mom, take a deep breath and tell me what's wrong." I wait for her to recoup. "I never liked that boy, I never did. That was one thing we had in common Ryan. We never did like that guy." I know what she is talking about.

         A year or two ago, my older sister met a guy by the name of Tayler. He was very rugged and always smelt of beer when I came close to him. He was a construction worker and in between his work, he would sell drugs to different people everyday. I knew this because I caught him in the act twice. I never liked the guy from the first time I met him. My sister always talked about how he would propose when he had gotten a sufficient amount of money to buy her a ring. Well, this is what the call was about. My mother was upset because ever since my sister met him, she turned into a crackhead and now she is going to be marrying a drug addict. "I don't understand what I did wrong. I mean, I feel like the only child of mine that hasn't turned on me is Jordyn." My mom says, still trying to hold back tears.

    Jordyn is the oldest out of all three of us. She is one of the sweetest people I know and I read her articles on the paper everyday. She tried to take care of Jessica, my crackhead sister, by letting her stay in her home for a while. She left and went back to her boyfriend immediately. I had no intentions of being a part of her nonsense.

        "Mom, calm down. I haven't turned on you okay. Now look, I hate Tayler as much as you do but we have to live with it. Who knows, maybe they'll make each other happy." I wait for a response but I hear nothing but sobs. "Well, I hope you feel better. I got to go." I hang up and look in the cabinet to get some popcorn and watch a movie. I plop down comfortably on the couch and call Demi. She doesn't pick up her phone and remember that she is working tonight. I want to see her again even though I had seen her in school earlier today. I couldn't get enough of her. I decide to drop in for a surprise visit.