Chapter 9

For weeks and weeks, Demi and I could not stop talking about our sex lives. We talked about the first time we ever had sex, what was the longest it lasted and so on. "Three hours? That long!?" She exclaimed. "Yeah but it wasn't even that good." She looked at me with a very shocked expression on her face. "What about you?" I ask, getting off of  my sex topic. "Maybe 20 or 25 minutes." She said. "Is there any tricks you like?" I ask her. "Why? Are you getting ready to get in my pants?" She asks with a sexy smirk. It was not entirely true but I had to admit, asking her this question was supposed to make me understand her body more.    Just in case I actually did have the opportunity to make love to Demi, I would know how to please her the right way. I get up from the couch and enter the kitchen. Demi's place was warm and welcoming. It was cozy and full of color. The only thing that needed work was the squeaky counter. There was a loose piece somewhere that made the counter squeak once pressure was added on. I looked in the fridge and scoped for some food. "Hey, baby. Do you have anything American in this fridge?" I ask Demi. She was the head chef at a popular restaurant so of course she would have an abundant amount of foreign food. The one thing I didn't spot anywhere in her kitchen was pasta. She told me how she tried to stay away from carbs. I open her cabinet and listen to it squeak. "You should get that fixed" I tell her. My hand rests on the edge of the cabinet. I push lightly, back and forth, listening to the squeak. I look for some butter or oil to place on the door hinge until Demi stops me. Her arms wrap around my waist and her face presses into my back. "Don't worry about it, I'll get it fixed." She says against my shirt. I turn around and look her in the eyes. Our lips touch and my hands are lightly gripping to her waist. The sensation felt so good until I heard my phone ring. Demi digs in my pocket and pulls out my phone. "Thanks." I tell her.

  - "Hello?"

  - "Hey bro. Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out or maybe have a date?

  - "Whoa Kyle, you're gonna have to take me to a dinner and a movie.

  - "Shut up Ryan. I meant with me and someone else.

  - "Kyle, I'm impressed. Who's the lucky lady?" I heard nothing on the other line. Nothing but silence filled the air. "Kyle?" I ask. "Ryan, please don't be mad. It's Sarah." I look at Demi who was still holding my hand waiting for me to get off the phone. "Baby, what's wrong?" She asks. I did not know what to do. My heart was pumping, but I could not figure out if it was in anger or with worry. I have Demi now, I should not feel any sign of anger towards my best friend. Looking into her eyes made realize what I felt.

"Kyle, I'm happy that you found someone. I hope you two enjoy each other." I say. "So will you go?" He asks again. I look at Demi again and ask, "When and what time?" "Tomorrow at 5." He replies. That was right after classes and Demi got off of work at around 3 or 4. I ask Demi if she wanted to go and after getting the conformation, I hang up and watch some TV with Demi. She rests her body on top of mine as we watch crime shows. The wind blows and we hear the cabinet squeak once again. I look at her and she says, "I should get that fixed." I look at her and squish her cheeks. "Yeah, I wonder who told you that." I say.