Chapter 4: Bodies (Part 1)

*Lucas' Pov*

Two days later, Dad attacked Xander one more time. But this time there were no weapons involved. His cuts were slowly healing, but the bruises were all highly discoloured. Quinton had agreed to help me explain to Seth and Zeke that 'Vampire' was my brother. They were totally okay with it. Sure they still talked about him being weird and his oddities, but who wouldn't?

"Xander hurry up." I said calling down the basement stairs. I heard a faint coughing and then shuffling. I went to the counter and made him a cup of coffee and I set it on the table. I heard him coming upstairs, his hair was strewn around his head in a clean but greasey looking mess. His eyes were bright, but the dark circles underneath them were worse. They were blacker than black sleep deprived bruises, if possible he was even paler. The cuts on the side of his neck were bright and nasty red.

"Are you alright?" I asked, he picked up the coffee and sipped it his body was shaking, vibrating. That confused me.

"Yes." Xander said not looking at me.

"I don't believe you." I said. He coughed and looked at me, his pupils were small. He was high again. Why was he doing it?

"Fine, don't." Xander said finishing his coffee then pouring another cup. He started towards the front door, he was twirling his car key chain on his finger.

"I don't think you should drive while you're stoned." I said. He looked at me over his shoulder, he was scary looking, vampire-like. I thought that if he made a meaner look he'd probably attack me.

"Fine, then fucking walk." Xander growled. He opened the door and was about to walk out, I grabbed his arm pulling him back into the house. He glared at me, I swear he was about to attack.

"Xander, stay home today." I said. His eyes narrowed. "I don't want you to get in trouble." I told him, he sighed and I pulled him farther into the kitchen and took his keys.

"I will see you after school." I said. I walked out of the house and went to school.

~~~

Sorreh..it was short.. vote people.. -.- -Gerard