Chapter 7

*Liam's POV*

I took a deep breath. Caroline stood in the center of a group of her airhead 'friends'. They were like vultures, jumping on any unfortunate soul who happened to cross their path. Scared out of my wits, I walked over slowly.

"Hey Caroline," I choked on the putrid cloud of perfume that attacked my windpipe.

"Oh, Liam darling," she smiled wickedly."You've finally come to apologize I see?"

"Caroline, we need to talk," I started, testing the waters. One false move and the she-monster would snap me up.

"Anything you need to say to me, you can say in front of the girls," she challenged me. A sickly sweet smile was plastered on her face. Her followers looked at me expectantly.

I sighed. "Okay, well I want to break up." I rushed out, then held my breath, waiting.

"What?" she asked shrilly, her fake smile stuck on her face. I became suddenly aware of the large group of people, silently forming in the hall around us.

"I am dumping you," I repeated slowly.

"No you're not!" she said, matter-of-factly. She was failing at keeping up her happy facade. Her eyes betrayed her. Anger and rage danced in her squinted irises.

"Yes I am. Caroline, we are over," I suddenly gained a shot of confidence out of nowhere. I turned and started to walk away, the crowd parting as I walked through. It was silent until...

"LIAM JAMES PAYNE! Don't you dare walk away from me!" she screamed.

I faced her and put my hands up. "Looks like I just did," I grinned, pleased to see her face redden like a lobster. She looked so pissed off, I wouldn't have been surprised if she had just crapped her pants.

"You are going to regret this!" she sputtered.

I laughed. "I highly doubt that Caroline."

I left her in the hallway, throwing a fit. I felt sorry for her next victim. As I pushed the door out into the courtyard the sun warmed my face. I sighed happily. I felt great. It was as if dumping Caroline had lifted this huge weight off my shoulders, a weight I didn't realize was there until it was gone. I was drunk on adrenaline and a relieved euphoria. I spied Niall reading, concealed by a thick tree. Without thinking I sauntered over to him, smiling like an idiot.

"Hey Niall!" I grinned down at him.

He looked up and all the color drained out of his face. His baby blue eyes widened in fear. Shit. I remembered that he didn't know that I was Anonymous. He was still terrified of me. And it hurt to know that. It pained me to know that the lovable boy I talk to everyday, lives in constant fear. Fear instilled by me. Helplessly I watched him stand up and stumble away.

"Niall I-" I called after him. He ran faster. Damn it. Damn it all. All the relief and happiness I had felt before was gone. Frustration and regret replaced them. Angrily, I aimed a kick at the brick wall, which backfired, and shot a shooting pain up my leg. I threw myself down on the ground, my hands fisted in my hair. The most frustrating thing was that I didn't even know what I would say if I had finished my sentence.

I sat in my room, on my laptop talking to Niall. I was so immersed in our conversation, I had totally forgot that Zayn was coming over. I jumped out of skin when he burst into my room.

"Vas happenin'?" he greeted, a strong smell of tobacco smothered the breathable air in my room. Coughing, I stood up to pry open my window, leaving my laptop unattended. Big mistake. I turned to see Zayn scrolling through my conversation. Anger bubbled up in me quickly--he has no right to read those, they were private!

"What the hell, Zayn?!" I shouted without thinking.

He looked up, eyebrows raised. "Someone's getting close with Ms.Faggy...'even though I've never met you, I feel closer to you than anyone else in the world...you're so amazing, I want to hear your voice, hold your hand, look into your eyes...I wish I was as brave as you...you make me feel so real...'," he mimicked my conversation with a sarcastic romantic voice.

My cheeks burned. "I-I it's all a part of the act," I saved myself,"You know...got to make it believable."

"Yeah, well it seems a little bit too damn believable," he accused.

"I'm just that great of an actor," I joked nervously, picking at the blanket on my bed.

"Yeah...you know maybe I should over. You've got a lot going on, sports and you just broke up with Caroline and stuff. Plus Prom is only in two weeks, I can take this off your hands-"

"No!" I blurted, mentally cursing myself."It's fine, I'll do it. He might notice if someone else starts talking to him." I lied terribly, hoping Zayn wouldn't notice.

"Alright, whatever mate. Just make sure you get him to go to Prom," Zayn said standing up," I gotta go, meeting some chick in some alley. Catch ya later." Then he was gone.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Why was I getting so worked up about this? I didn't like Niall...right? I wasn't gay. Well at least I didn't think so...I'd never liked a boy before. Maybe I should've let Zayn take over. No, I couldn't, I'd miss talking to Niall too much. I was so confused...one this thing was over, the better.

Anonymous: So you going to Prom?xx

LeprechaunBoyxx: *sigh* Unfortunately...my best friend is dragging my and my socially awkward friend to it.

Anonymous: Let's meet there.

LeprechaunBoyxx: Wait what?!

Anonymous: I want to meet you. I want to find out who the real you is. Let's meet at Prom.

LeprechaunBoyxx: I don't know...

Anonymous: Please? I'm sick of hiding behind user names...I want to meet the real you...

Anonymous: What do you say?

LeprechaunBoyxx: Allright, I'm in.

Anonymous: YES! Okay so at 11:30, meet me in the center of the dance floor.

LeprechaunBoyxx: Wait you really want to meet in front of everyone?

Anonymous: Well what better way for me to come out than with an audience? ;)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

WHOO GO LIAM YOU DUMPED CAROLINE'S SORRY BUM.

Sorry for that outburst. Anywhore I know this was a short chapter and all but I really needed it. It's leading up to a HUGE scene that's coming in just a few chapters!!! *uberly excited squeal*

My family is now terrified of me. Whoops ;p

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for EVERYONE who has voted and commented and fanned on this story. It makes me soo happy to read your comments. :D

Vote, Comment, Fan & all that fun shat ;)

bai loves.xx-Paige