Chapter 3

For the next few weeks, Anonymous and I texted back a forth constantly. We became closer and closer and he was all I thought about. I found out that he goes to my school. My school! I wasn't the only gay guy in my school. My heart fluttered at knowing this, I wasn't alone.

I met up with Bekah at Nando's again. She sat sipping her milkshake, donning electric blue hair with hot pink streaks. I don't know how she does it, but it actually looks...good on her.

"Top o' the morning to ya Nialler," she grinned at me.

"Hey Bekah-" before I could continue I was interrupted by my phone vibrating.

'1 new message from: Anonymous'

Anonymous: Have a great day--can't wait to talk later ;)xx

I must've been smiling like an idiot because when I looked up Bekah had her blue-penciled eyebrows raised.

"New lover?" she asked, teasingly. I felt my face flush. Damn, I blush way too easily.

"No, it's-it's nobody," I lied terribly. 

"Well Nobody sure knows how to make you smile," she smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "C'mon Bek, really it's no one."

"Mhm, spill," she said.

Sighing I told her all about Anonymous. How he's so like me, and so great to talk. How he's so real and down to earth. How he can make me smile anytime. How I can't stop thinking about him, even though I didn't even know him. And how the best part was that he played for my team.

Once I was done rambling, I noticed Bekah had a huge grin on her face and a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"What?" I asked suspisciously.

"I'm just really happy for you," she laughed.

"Thanks," I smiled back.

"So our current mission: find out who Anonymous is!" she said.

"No!" I blurted out, surprising myself. For some reason, I didn't want to know who he was. Not yet at least. We promised each other we would keep our identities secret until the right moment. Call me crazy but I enjoyed the mystery of it all. We had no idea who one another was and I liked it just like that. I was scared that once we found out who we really were, we'd be disappointed.

"What?" Bekah asked confused.

Before I could respond, I was distracted by the three bodies moving our direction. Liam Payne and his cronies Harry and Zayn.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath. I looked down and mentally slapped myself for wearing my Justin Bieber shirt.

"Hey stick-licker," Zayn greeted me cruelly.

I glared at him.

"Nice shirt," he laughed, "I'm glad your kind has an idol to look up to. Justin Bieber: Queen of the Queers." he cracked up, obviously completely amused with himself.

I felt my cheeks burn. I glanced at Harry who looked sick. When I looked at Liam, I was shocked at what I saw. Regret, plain as day, on his face. He didn't even pretend to laugh at Zayn's jokes.

Bekah noticed the tears welling in my eyes and stood up. Slowly she picked up her milkshake. Zayn was too busy laughing to notice. She raised her hand, dumped her milkshake on his beloved hair and he shut right up. A look of sheer terror came across his face as chocolate ice cream slid down his forehead.

"Asshole," she spat, "C'mon Niall, let's get outta here."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the door. The last thing I heard was "MY HAIR!" and I had to laugh.

***********************************************************************************************

Please Vote, Comment, and Fan if you enjoyed this chapter!<3