Chapter 3 story 3

As Sam and Darel finished eating, their mom grabbed her keys and said, on her way out the door," I have to get some groceries. I'll be back in about a half hour, O.K.?"

"Okay," both boys mumbled.

Once they cleaned their plates, Sam went into the living room to play video games, and Darel went to their shared room to think.

Now that their mom was gone he had the opportunity to tell Sam what had happened. The only problem was if he didn't believe him.

Darel thought it over, and finally decided that he should.

Once he reached the edge of the living room carpet, he stopped, took a deep breath, the walked in. He sat down on the couch beside Sam, his heart pounding in his throat.

"Hay can I talk to you?" He managed to croak out.

"Sure," he replied, pausing the game, and giving Darel a confused look.

"So, I went outside last night, and saw something," he began.

"What kind of something?"

"A monster," he breathed.

"A monster? Are you Kidding me?" Sam laughed , then stopped upon seeing Darel's serious face. "Dude, monsters aren't real, it was probably a shadow."

"It wasn't though," Darel said,"It had brown fur, and it was huge."

"So, you're telling me you saw Bigfoot," he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No ,it looked more like a wolf," he said matter-of-factly.

"You're such a liar, or you're insane."

"I 'm not," Darel argued, and was about to say more, but they were interrupted by a knock on the door and the sound of their mother's voice asking for help with the groceries.

"Coming," they said in unison.

As they put away the groceries, Sam gave Darel strange looks, obviously thinking he was crazy.