Chapter 1 Story 2

Spindley, pale fingers wrapped themselves around the polished, golden knob that sat atopa tall, smooth, wodden cane.  Both the cane and the fingers belonged a tall gentleman who was sitting very stiff and striaght, and wearing a displeased expression, which, apparently, was usual.  "Mr. Von Hapsvurg?" The secretary asked.  The tall, pale man rose.  "You may go in now," the secretary said sweetly.

"Thank," he said in a tone that said that he felt he was much higher up than she.

When the large, wooden doors closed Von Hapsvurg, he found himself in a large, neatly furnished office.  The first thing he noticed was the giant desk in the front of him, and big, black  chair behind it, the back was turned towarrds him.  "Mr. Maceneth?" Von Hapsvurg asked.  The front of the chair roatated to face him, in it was a man, Mr. Maceneth.  He had fair, red hair, freckles, and pale skin, but not as pale as Mr. Von Hapsvurg's.  His smile, which dazzled crowds, did not extract the same results when he bestowed it upon Von Hapsvurg.

"Hay, Hapsvurg, nice to see you agian!"

"I came here on buiness ,"Mr. Von Hapsvurg said icily.  The red-haired man's magical smile vanished.

"I see," was all he replied.