Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

"Hi, Gabby," Dad laughed awkwardly. He then looked at Mom for help. For a few moments, she was just standing there, probably shocked at what she just witnessed.

But as soon as she recovered, she carefully took Gabby from Dad and put her on her stroller.

"G-Gabby, anak, they're tired from their flight, so 'wag ka muna masyado magpapabuhat, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy. But Gabby is sleepy. Can we go home now?" I giggled as I watched her pout.

"Okay, honey, just wait until we get to the car, okay?" She kissed Gabby's forehead then turned to us. "So shall we go now? I.. cooked dinner," she awkwardly smiled at Dad.

"Uhm, I should probably go to the hotel now, Isabella. I hope you don't mind if I spend a couple more days here with Max. I just wanted na maglibot around the city while I'm at it," he offered her a timid smile.

"Oh, no, that's totally fine, Sancho. And if you want you can totally stay at my house. I mean.. if it's okay with you.. I have two guest rooms anyway," Mom uneasily shrugged.

"Oh, uhm. Thanks for the offer but, I'll stay at the hotel na lang," Dad smiled.

"Okay, well, at least have dinner with us then," she looked at him expectantly.

Dad sighed and replied, "Sure. Let's go."

---

"Hey, sweetie. Why aren't you sleeping yet? You can unpack your luggage tomorrow, aren't you tired from the flight?" Mom sat beside me on the bed.

"I can't sleep, Mom. Jetlag siguro."

"Well, how are you? Do you wanna talk about what happened?" She looked worriedly at me. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Mom, why do people cheat?" she looked taken aback by my question. "I'm so sorry for asking you that, Mom. I just.. don't understand. Was I not enough? Didn't I give him everything? May pagkukulang ba ako?" I didn't notice I was crying until she wiped my tears.

"Sshh. Don't think of it that way, sweetie."

"Then how am I supposed to take this Mom? Sobrang dami kong tanong sa isip ko ngayon. Pero Mom, alam mo kung ano yung pinaka-masakit? Yung hindi ko alam kung minahal nya ba ako sa loob ng isang taon na magkasama kami. O baka naman ginawa nya lang akong panakip-butas while he was waiting for her to be single and available," by this time I was sobbing really hard.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. Come here," she pulled me in for a hug.

"Mom, why did you cheat on Dad?" She took a deep breath and looked at me. "I'm not blaming you nor Dad, I just.. want answers."