Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

"Do you like it?" Luke asked me as I was staring in awe at a diamond eternity ring in a velvet box that he just handed to me a few seconds ago.

"Are you kidding me? I love it, Luke. This is so beautiful. Thank you so much," I reached for his hand across the table and gently squeezed it. "But, can I ask you something? What is this exactly for?" I looked at him cautiously as he chuckled nervously.

"Max, babe, look. I am not yet proposing to you. But please don't think that I am not planning to, because I am. But you know where we both stand on this situation right?"

"Oh, thank goodness. I was frozen for a second there," I sighed. We both talked about marriage already, and napag-usapan namin na tsaka na kapag nakapagtapos na ako and stable na din ang job ko like him.

Luke reached for the box and kinuha nya yung ring sa loob. He then reached for my left hand and slowly slid the ring on my ring finger.

"This is a promise ring. This is a reminder that I will be faithful to you. I am giving you this because I want you to know how much I love you and how I will never stop doing so, kahit anong mangyari. I love you Gabriella Maxine. I always will. Happy Anniversary to us," he kissed my hand and looked at me lovingly. By that time, I was already teary-eyed. My heart is swelling with joy.

"I love you too, Luke. Happy Anniversary," I leaned in to give him a quick peck on the lips. "You have no idea how lucky I am to have you," I whispered as we parted.

"Funny how I always feel the same way about you," he winked at me and sumandal ulit sa upan nya. Napailing na lang ako.

"So, where do you wanna go next?" He asked as he  reached for my hand on top of the table, tapos na kaming kumain and I still want to spend more time with him.

"Oh, oh, oh. Can we go back at home and watch a movie? 8:30 pa lang naman, abot naman ako sa curfew ko."

"Tsk, you know I can't say no to you. Notting Hill or Breakfast at Tiffany's?" I smiled coz I remembered that he doesn't really like watching these kinds of movies, except if it's with me.

"Yaaaay! Breakfast at Tiffany's ang peg ko ngayon, babe. Oh wait, can I just go to the ladies' room first? Naiihi na ako eh."

"Sure baby, I'll be here lang." 

I went to the washroom and did my business and nag re-touch na din ako ng make-up. Nung palabas na ako ng washroom, may matigas na bagay na bumunggo sa akin which caused me to lose my balance and fall on the ground.

"Aww," I immediately looked at my ankle. I sighed with relief dahil feeling ko wala namang nangyari dito. Medyo masakit nga lang.

"I'm so sorry, miss. Are you okay?" I looked up to see a pair of dark brown eyes looking at me worriedly. It might sound cheesy but those enthralling eyes took me somewhere else, somewhere safe. I was dumbfounded for a few seconds at how good looking he is, okay Max, you need to snap out of it.

"I—I'm fine. I'm just—" He held my hands as he helped me get on my feet.

"I am so sorry miss. I wasn't looking—"

"Baby, what's going on here?" I felt Luke's hand on my waist as he stared at this man, holding my hand, which he dropped eventually.

"Sorry, man. Hindi ko sinasadyang mabunggo yung girlfriend mo. I wasn't looking," He then looked at me sincerely, "Sorry talaga."

"Are you okay, baby? May masakit ba sayo?" Napatingin ako kay Luke as he was frantically searching for any injuries.

"I'm fine babe. Don't worry. Nakakalakad pa naman ako," I chuckled at him.

"Honey, what happened here? Are you okay?" Napatingin ako sa babaeng lumapit sa lalaking nakabunggo sa akin. She looks so gorgeous in her peach dress, I must say. They look like a couple, maybe a few years older than me. I think mga aka-age ni Luke. Wait, scratch that, I see a diamond engagement ring on her ring finger.

"Nothing, hon. Nabunggo ko kasi sya so bumagsak sya sa sahig," the man gestured at me. The girl looked at me and worry was evident on her face.

"Oh my, are you okay? Can you walk? Do you wanna go to the hospital?" Medyo lumapit sya sakin. She's so sincere and so nice. I like her na.

"No, no, please. I'm fine. It kinda hurts, but it's manageable. I don't think I broke my ankle or—"

"Maurine?" Napatingin ako kay Luke who was intently looking at the girl.

"Lucas?" Ngayon nya lang yata napansin si Lucas na katabi ko.

"You know each other?" Nagpabalik balik ang tingin ko sa kanilang dalawa. Well they both look surprised. 

-----

Sorry guys, this chapter is quite short. 

Thank you for adding this story to your reading list, and also for voting and commenting. Thank you for the love hihi *insert finger hearteu* 

Please let me know what you think of this chapter :)

Follow me on twitter po @superENwrites  :)

Thanks guys xx