chapter five | luke

chapter five.

Luke smirked as Charlotte exited Forever 21. He could not help but laugh at how stubborn she was, and he was going to break it. Sure, there was a part of him wanting her more than a hook up, but now, he came to a conclusion that it would not last, and she would simply just be a one-night-stand. He shook his head, smiling.

Girls were so gullible. You can get them to believe anything.

Luke peered at his surroundings and realized that he should leave the store before things get worse. You could hear his shoes squeak on the floor as he moved towards the exit. Once he was out the door, Luke finally let out the breath he had been holding and set his skateboard down, making his way down the pavement. He almost stopped when he saw the familiar pastel pink hair getting into a vehicle but continued on, he had already caused to much......for the day.

The corners of his mouth turned up into a smirk. His flannel blew in the wind as he skated faster down the pavement, trying to show off to Lottie. But when his board ran over a crack in the ground, his skateboard went out from under him, causing his hands to flew back in an attempt to save himself for falling. Failing, his butt hit the ground, and he saw multiple people staring at him, and a couple were laughing. Only one spoke up.

"Oh my gosh." She squealed, walking towards him. "Are you okay?" Her shrieking made his ears hurt and he let out an eye roll.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He mumbled, brushing himself off.

"Are you sure? Your hands look a little scrapped."

"I'm fine." He says again, this time pushing past Della and jogging to catch his roll away skateboard. Once it was in his hands, he stood up, only to be faced with Della again. He jumped back.

"What the hell? Are you a vampire or something, jeez." Luke rubbed his forehead.

"No," she giggled. "I'm Della." She held her hand out, offering it to Luke. He heistantly took her finger tips and with an uneasy voice, he said "Luke."

Della smiled a toothy grin and started walking with Luke.

"I haven't seen you around. You new?" She says in a friendly tone.

"I guess." He shrugged.

"How long have you been here?"

"A month." Della mouthed an "O" before turning back towards him and crossing her arms, turning her flirt and charm on.

"There's this really great restuarant that I am going to with a couple friends tonight. Would you want to tag along?"

"I'll pass." He mumbled, trying to walk faster.

"Oh c'mon." Della whined, pulling on Luke's wrist. "It'll be fun!" She cheered. "Just give me your address and number and I will have my friends and I pick you up at six?" He sighed. It would be nice to leave the house for the night, not just the daytime. He looked at Della.

"I'm in."

****

"I'm here!" The perky voice of Della spoke into Luke's cracked blackberry. His ran his fingers through his hair and replied with a simple "k" then got up, lacing his shoes, and leaving his room.

"Where are you going?" His mother spoke, just as he was reaching for the door knob. He shrugged. "Out. Bye." Before his mum could say another word, he opened the door then slammed it shut. When Luke jogged out of the house, Della stepped out of the car and let Luke in with a smile. Luke didn't say anything, just got in the car and sat in the middle seat between Della and some guy.