chapter three | luke

chapter three.

Stuffing his hands into his front pockets, Luke skated to the shopping center. It has been a week since the incident, yet pastel girl has never left his mind. He had completely distracted him from everything, and he hated her for it. He wanted to see her again, but at the same time, he didn't. But if he had the chance to, Luke knew he would walk right up to her.

Even though she had poured water on him, causing a scene and dumping him in front of the entire deli, Sophie still was trying to call Luke and message him with apologies and meet ups to discuss what happened. He ignored them all. He was rather glad Sophie was gone. She was sort of just a hook up, nothing more to him. 

Luke pushed his feet on the ground to go faster and mentally slapped himself for letting his friend borrow his car for the night. Then again, his friends relationship depended on it.

☓☓☓☓

Luke sighed of relief when he made it to shopping center. Every Saturday, Luke began coming here. He found it one day and instantly loved it. It was never too crowded and the people were friendly.

Looking around, Luke spotted the deli and gave it a disgusted look as if it were a human being. He never wanted to show his face in there again.

But when he saw her walk out of it, his heart stopped. He never expected to see her again.

Her smiling face was looking up at the medium height boy with black shaggy hair. He was laughing at something she had said and then shook his head. When he saw the boy point in his direction, he immediately skated off into the opposite direction. He looked back and saw the girl and the boy walking into the ice cream parlor. Sighing, Luke stopped skating and sat down on the bench next to him, resting his board against it and plugging earphones into his ears.

☓☓☓☓

After twenty minutes of waiting, pastel and medium shaggy exited the parlor and Luke rubbed his hands together, resting his elbows on his knees and waited to see where they headed off to. He watched as pastel and shaggy started walking towards the Forever 21. He groaned, knowing this would be one interesting expierence to get a girl. Getting up, he wrapped his earphones around the phone then slide it surprisingly eaily into his back pocket due to how tight his jeans are. Grabbing his board, Luke slowly started trailing behind pastel and shaggy, being careful on his footsteps, trying not to be noticeable.

But suddenly, he felt his stomach turn over as he saw shaggy wrap his arm around pastel, smiling down at her. He suddenly felt as if he should just give up and walk away, but his heart refused. Luke drew in a breath before shifting on his feet and walking into Forever 21.

Some eyes fell on him, and some fell behind him, searching if there was a girl behind him. Girls gave weird and disgusted looks when they saw there wasn't and mothers whispered things into their daughters ears. He sighed. Luke's eyes fell back onto pastel. She was in the clearance and shaggy was talking to some guy, smiling - oh. Feeling embarrassed at his own thoughts, Luke's cheeks grew red as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck yet he couldn't help but smile. She wasn't his.

Taking a deep breath, Luke walked towards pastel, adjusting his flannel.

"Hello." He blurted, walking up next to pastel, hovering over her. The poor girl was only 5'2 while Luke was 6'1.

"Hel - oh." Her eyes met Luke's.

He smirked. "Lucas." She said bluntly and let the shirt that was on the hanger, fall from her hands and sway back and forth.

"How do you know my name?" He cocked his brow. She snickered bitterly.

"We're done, Lucas! Pours water over your entire body." She smirked and crossed her arms. "How'd the dry cleaning go?" He glared.

"First off, I go by Luke. And secondly, I have a mum for that." She rolled her eyes.

"Okay, smartarse. I am calling you Lucas and learn how to do your own lundary." She gave him a weird look and started walking away, looking at clothes again.

"What's your name?" He asked, stepping towards her. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Charlotte."

Luke smiled.

"I'm going to call you Lottie."

"How are you going to call me something I'm not?" She crossed her arms.

"Because it's legal." Luke said in a 'duh' tone. Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"You'll never see me again, anyways." She shrugged.

"Oh really?" He said saracastically and she nodded. "I doubt that."

"Charlotte, are you ready - oh, hello there." Shaggy spoke to Luke, Luke gave a fake smile. "Hey." Shaggy looked down at Charlotte then up at Luke and completed these actions three times.

"Yeah, Andy. Let's go." Charlotte let the clothes drop once again and yanked Andy by the arm, making him leave towards the second door.

"Bye Lottie." Luke shouted out.

"That's not my name!" She shouted back before leaving to store.