Chapter Nine: Song Away

Author's Notes:

Hey, guys! This is kinda like a singalong! Follow the songs as they appear in the story. Thank you and enjoy!

Peace, Love, & Candy,

Rachel

 Playlist:

1.       “No Light, No Light” – Florence + the Machine

2.       “Hurricane”- Panic! At the Disco

3.       “Crash Your Party” – Karmin

4.       “Alive With the Glory of Love” – Say Anything

Kassandra

The walls that held me here were making me insane. I felt like a caged animal on display for all to see. In the far corner of the room, tucked away entangled in each other, Haruhi and Tamaki sat whispering. I rolled my eyes. Did they see me as blind? Mute? Deaf? Or lame? Was I not worthy enough to be a part of their conversation? Or had they somehow caught wind of everything that happened the night before and were trying to figure out what to do with me? None of the options sounded very appealing. All I wanted to do was escape.

“You can’t do that.”

I whipped my head off to the side. Kyouya held a book open. His face was pinched into an indifferent frown. I sighed.

“Can’t do what?” I grumbled. I despised how easily he could look into my mind and read all of my thoughts. Kyouya simply slapped the book shut and stared dead ahead at the naked lavender wall. Not once did his gaze meet mine, even so I could see the hints of a smile tugging on his lips.

“Run.”

His voice was like nails on a chalkboard. I ground my teeth tightly together, and worst of all, the couple in the corner showed no sign of noticing my discomfort. I mean, honestly, why were they even here? They served no purpose. I took a deep breath trying to suppress my nerves.

“I wasn’t planning on running.” I lied. I crinkled my nose up and tried my best to look convincing. Once again, Kyouya saw right through me. He shifted his body slightly exposing his smart blue suit and slender silk tie. His eyes scanned over me, vacuuming across my skin for any hint of lies. He closed his eyes and whipped his glasses off.

“Right.” He grinned. “You weren’t planning on leaving. I believe you. Sure.”

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. I didn’t understand him. Why was he even here? I mean, sure, I could see Haruhi staying. We were friends. More like acquaintances, but she had that type of personality that always wanted to be helpful. The same went for Tamaki although I was sure he was only here to be with Haruhi. Kyouya, though, I couldn’t place. If I was in his place, I’d run away for sure. If he would’ve stabbed himself in front of me, I would have avoided him like the plague. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind. So why was he so willing to stay?

“Stop biting your lip.” Said Kyouya. His voice was heavy with just a touch of annoyance. Slowly, I pulled my teeth away from my bottom lip. I fixed my glasses to stare at him wide eyed. Only Karma and Kaoru seemed to notice that painful habit of mine, don’t tell me- “I doesn’t suit you.”

“You can leave any time you want.” I spat. “I didn’t invite you here.”

                “You didn’t have to.” He sighed. “It’s late and I have nothing better to do.”