Chapter 13 - Hidden Secrets

Rydel's POV

I was on my way to the park to meet up with Ross and Laura.

And as usual, I saw some fans and took a few pictures with them.

On the way, I actually saw Maia walking by the streets too.

I tried to ignore her, but then...

"What are you doing here?" She turned to me. And... I'm guessing she saw me.

"It's a free country, problem?" I said, stepping closer to her.

"You can stop stalking me, alright? I don't want anything to do with you Lynches and those stupid Maranoes."

"First, I'm not stalking you, and I never will. Second, when you said 'stupid Maranoes,' you pronounced 'Maranoes' wrong. It's suppose to be pronounced Mitchell. Bye," I smiled sweetly and walked away.

I got her good, I thought to myself.

-

"Hey guys!" I raised my voice once I finally reached to the park and saw Laura and Ross sitting on the benches, next to the fountains and play grounds.

"Hey!" They said back.

I sat next to them.

"Where's Melody?" I asked.

"Playing around by the slides. There," Laura pointed.

"Aww! She's adorable! You wanna tell me the story?"

"I was walking to the park a few nights ago, saw Melody crying on the streets, walked to her, she said her parents were killed and kidnapped by a guy, and took her in," Ross summarized.

"Wow, kidnapped?" I reacted.

"Her dad was shot in the house already and the murderer took her mom away."

"Ouch... I feel really sorry for her."

"Murderers, actually," Laura corrected.

"What do you mean?" Ross asked.

Laur sighed, "When Maia came by earlier and I said I wanted to talk to Melody, it was because she thinks she saw Ramy as the one killing and taking away her parents."

"Y-Your not serious..."

"Would I lie to you?"

"N-No. But, what else did Melody say?"

"She said that it all happened like a crime scene for her. It was late at night and her parents tucked her in for bed. Hours later, she woke up to the sound of a gunshot. She peeped outside her bedroom door and saw her dad shot, dying at the floor. Then, Melody saw her mom being dragged out the door by someone. She tried to follow them, but got lost. And that's how you found her."

"Wow... First your parents, and now Melody's," Ross suddenly stood up from his seat. "Where's Maia?"

I sighed, "I umm... I actually saw her walking while I was coming here," I confessed.

"What happened?"

"She said that she didn't want anything to do with us."

"So... It's like, right after she killed Laura & Melody's parents, she finally got what she wanted and decided to leave?"

"I guess..."

"But, what does she have against Melody?"

"I-I don't know..."