Side Story One - Surprise Me, Seiji - Final Interlude

EDIT:  I dedicate this final interlude to Hunniexoxox, who was so kind to give me encourage and well wishes while I was ill yesterday.  Thank you so much for being a super fan!

--

“Tonight’s the night, pretty boy.  It’s game time.  It’s you night to shine.”

“If you say so.”

“What?  You don’t believe me?  Are you having second thoughts?”

“No, I’m not having second thoughts.  After all that crap you put me through, I’ve got no choice but to finish what I’ve started now.  Otherwise, it’ll be all for nothing.”

“Can’t argue with you there.  And besides, it’s not that bad.  When you first started, the headlights didn’t flicker.  And now, they are…kind of, sort of flickering.”

“Was that supposed to be a compliment?”

“What do you think?”

“You don’t want to know what I think.”

“Wow, that’s harsh.  And after everything I’ve done for you.  See if I ever help you again.”

“Is that a promise?”

“It sure is…HEY!  I see what you did there.  And I thought British men were supposed to be charming?”

“And I thought you were supposed to be genteel and ladylike – not a veritable task master.”

“I never said I was going to be nice to you.  You, sir, were a sad case that needed a ton of help.  If I didn’t push you, you’d be a hopeless case in danger of horribly humiliating himself.  So, I did what I had to do.”

“Is that what happened with her as well?  That you did what you had to do?”

“Ummhmm.  If I hadn’t worked my magic on her, she wouldn’t have opened her mouth – and magic would have never happened.  The only difference is that she didn’t need as much help as you did.

“…Am I really that bad?”

“Is the sky blue?”

“…Touché.”

Silence.

“Anyway…I’ve got some final touches to take care of before…before I do my thing.  I trust you will be there later.”

“Of course.  I don’t say no to free drinks.”

“They won’t be all free!”

“I know, but some will be.  Consider it my payment.”

“…sigh…Fine, whatever.”

Silence.

“Don’t worry too much.  She’s crazy about you.  She always has been.  You can do no wrong in all this. Trust me, she’ll very appreciative.  I’m sure she’ll love it.”

“…You think so?”

“…I know so.”

Silence.

“Thank you, Delia…for everything.”

A smile and a wink.  “You’re welcome, Seiji.  Now, go out there and show Meera how much you love her.

“That’s just what I intend to do.”