Side Story One - Surprise Me, Seiji! - An Interlude...

Meera is such a wonderful woman.  I’m so lucky to have her.

I admit, we got together under very interesting circumstances.  I mean, usually, if you tell someone you met your future girlfriend at a club while she gave you a lap dance, well, you can only imagine all the unsavory things going on in that person’s mind.  And then if you tell them that she was coerced into giving you one because of a friend…well, things just went from bad to worse.

A certain song by The Bloodhound Gang comes to mind.

Anyway, I’m absolutely crazy about her.  She’s everything I could ever want in a girl.  She’s funny, she’s very smart, she’s got a sharp tongue, and her curves make drives on the Autobahn jealous.  She could have had any other Japanese man with a British accent, but she chose me.

Never mind that I’m only Japanese man on-campus with British accent – at least I think I am.  Maybe I should check that out.

Anyway, Meera’s lush, and I want to show her how much I adore her.  I’ve been working on this surprise for Meera for a few weeks now, and I hope she likes it.  She deserves it.  That research project she’s working on has driven her to the brink of insanity, and this surprise is exactly what she needs to de-stress. 

I…I just can’t believe I’m actually going to go through with it.

She’s always so good to me.  And now, it’s time for me to be very good to her.

I just hope I don’t look like a fool to her…or worse, scar her for life.

Then again, a Japanese man with a British accent can probably get away with anything.

Right, ladies?

... ...

Author's Note:  Yep, you read that correctly, ladies!  The character you love so much just called you out!  Is he right?  Could he get away with anything?  Let me know!  - M.N.