Mine 22

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 22 §§§

One hour later Liam and his men were getting to his sanctuary. Nicholas was in pain and barely speaking, while Tanya was still unconscious.

Liam passed his loyal servant, Sebastian, who bowed as soon as he saw his master enter inside the mansion.

“Good evening my lord!”

“Good evening, Sebastian! Could you prepare a bath for Tanya?” Liam asked, surprising everyone, as he never asked before.

“Of course master!” the butler answered immediately, a huge grin spreading on his old facial features.

“And rooms for our other guests” Liam continued while climbing the stairs without even looking back.

The stairs which led to the first floor of the mansion were beautifully crafted in wood by expert hands, reminding of a period long forgotten of the pureblood’s childhood when his parents were still alive and this mansion was light and warm with the laughter of children and guests.

Those were times long forgotten and he could not afford to relive his long existence now. But of one thing he was certain as he carried his reason to survive upstairs. His icy exterior was melting away and he was afraid that this will be their doom.

He could not afford to be distracted, not when his mate was so fragile, but he was afraid that he could lose her, he was afraid of what she might become after her awakening. He needed her innocence more than anything, he needed her light in his cold, hateful world and he didn’t want her to become like him: a soulless shell, a murderer, a monster trapped in darkness.

The war was meant to be and involving her in this war, he feared that she might lose the spark in her eyes, her soul and her goodness.

He was afraid of that more than losing his life in the process of protecting hers.

She was the first good thing that happened to him in more than a hundred years and he knew that he would do anything to keep her away from danger.

Liam walked in his room’s direction while Sebastian followed him without saying a single word as if all his men could feel his mood.

The butler entered inside the en suite bathroom, preparing the bath as his master ordered him.

“The bath is ready sire!” Sebastian said, hastily retreating from the room.

Liam put the girl on the bed, while slowly caressing her hair as he released his hold on her.

He began to remove his clothes, leaving only his pants on, then he proceeded to undress Tanya who stirred in her deep sleep.

He wanted to wash away any memory of that man touching her, of the Royal’s and Nic’s scents, of dirt. He wanted to have her in his arms, to reassure himself that she was safe and alive, unharmed in his arms.

He needed this connection if he couldn’t have her any other way.

“Liam, don’t go…” she mumbled in her sleep, as if he needed more chains to keep him in place he thought ironically. She already had him. He would do anything that needed to be done for her safety and for her happiness.

“I’m not going anywhere angel!” he whispered in her ear while tightly enveloping her in his arms.

He buried his nose in her hair, inhaling deeply, bathing himself in her scent. He would allow himself this break before going back to his composed, arctic self.

Slowly taking her in his arms, moving her with care as if he was holding a porcelain doll, took her to the bathroom, emerging her cold body in the still warm water.

Tanya stirred again, but did not wake up. Her head fell on his arm, revealing the white column of her neck, tempting him even further. But Nicholas was right, she was not ready for this. She would first need to be prepared, she had to learn a lot more about this world before she was forced to become a part of it and finding the right words was so difficult.