Mine 9

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 9 §§§

Jeremy screamed in pain as soon as Liam's blood entered inside his blood stream. It was so painful to feel another being taking control over your own body, but it had to be done.

"Concentrate on the power which flows through my blood. Do it!" Liam ordered in a tone which left no room for discussion. He knew that his blood was too powerful for such a young being, but he had to do it. He had to risk.

Jeremy could die and Liam couldn't help him there, even though he wanted. The boy seemed too weak to control his power and his strong blood which worried him.

"Control it!" Liam growled, perfectly knowing that the kid couldn't die. He couldn't allow him to do something like that.

Jeremy was sweating a lot while trying to fight for his body. All of a sudden all he could think about was Anne's face, smiling, when he first saw her dancing at a party. She was an angel. And she was his. That single thought made him fight with all he had. He wanted to live his life with her. He wanted to have many more memories to treasure.

"That's it..." Liam encouraged while pushing his power in Jeremy's veins. It was difficult, but he couldn't afford to lose the boy... not now. He was too important for his plan.

Jeremy fought with all his might until the pain finally subsided.

"Good" Liam encouraged. "How do you feel?"

"Different. My senses are better..." Jeremy answered in awe.

"All right then, that means that you are ready for the bonding" Liam said without warning using his power to make him obey. Jeremy screamed again in undeniable pain, but this was different. He didn't have another chance than to obey his lord. Liam would never let him go. He shall know everything, even his deepest secrets. He could not fight against this.

"Do not try to fight against me kid. You can't win this battle. Just give up and accept it".

Jeremy struggled to breath. It was not in his nature to give up and it felt as if hundreds of chains were restraining him, making him obey his one and only master. He didn't want to do it, but Liam was right, he could not fight against him, not against someone as powerful as he was. So, he gave up and let thick mental chains envelope him in their tight grip.

"Good boy... Now let me heal that wound on your neck. Nobody can know what happened here" he explained before licking Jeremy's neck until the marks of his fangs disappeared.

"I'm going to tell you something very important. You can't reveal this to anybody, even if it kills you. Do you understand?" it was Liam's first order and Jeremy felt its power. He couldn't disobey his master's commands so he just nodded in understanding.

"Tanya is my mate..." Liam finally admitted with a voice full of pain because he knew the tragic implications of having a human mate.

"Jeremy, nobody can know about this. She would be in great danger before I claim her, because of who I am. There are a lot of people who would want me dead, but they don't have the power to defeat me. Having a human as a mate is an opportunity for all of them. This is difficult and quite dangerous for her. She is my weakness and nobody can know about her. I shall eventually have to turn her, but she still doesn't know who I am. I can't have her hate me. You should easily understand me because of your relation with your own mate".

Jeremy couldn't believe his ears. A Harvey being mated with a mere human was something unheard of and indeed very dangerous. Tanya was his friend's sister and he had to keep her safe so he understood perfectly what his master was saying.

"But how... how can a human girl be your mate?"

"I don't know, but it's undeniable that she is. Now, tell me why does she live with a vampire?" Liam growled through his teeth.

"I don't know how it happened. Nicholas never talks about Tanya's past. Everything is a mystery. What I know about Tanya is that she is twenty three years old and she is a writer. She also likes to paint and sing. She has a strong personality and she always knows what she wants".

"Tell me more about Nicholas."

"He is not her biological brother. He couldn't even be considering the fact that he is a vampire. But he raised Tanya since she was just a baby and he loves her more than anything. He even bonded with her, so he knows where she is all the time and protects her when is needed..." Jeremy explained, without knowing what he did by revealing that precise piece of information.

"He bonded with my mate? I'm going to kill him!" Liam yelled, completely losing his calmness.

"Please don't kill him. Tanya loves him very much and he loves her so much. There is nothing romantic between them. He is her brother..."

Liam laughed venomously.

"He is not her biological brother" he stressed sarcastically.

"And if he loved her like a brother why would he bond with her, unless he has other feelings for her?"

The walls vibrated due to the power which sipped through his skin because of his undeniable fury. He couldn't accept that another of his kind, especially a male, was so close to his mate. And more, he could not stand knowing that he dared to touch her. She was his and no one else's.

"Does this... guy even have a mate?"

"He did not find her yet, but believe me there is nothing romantic in his relationship with Tanya" Jeremy tried to explain in order to help Liam to calm down.

Even if this answer did not satisfy him, Liam managed to calm down after a few long minutes of struggling with his own power.

"We'll see. We have to return downstairs. I want you to act as if nothing happened and I want you to stay with your mate. I'm going to take care of mine. After the party I'm going to send guards to protect her..."

"But we can take care of her" Jeremy tried to explain, obviously referring to himself and Nicholas.

Only the mention of Nicholas made Liam growl. He felt helpless because he knew that Tanya probably loved and cherished her so called brother so he couldn't do a thing about it without terrible consequences.

"Does she even know about her brother?" he asked defeated.

"No. He never told her what he is."

"Jeremy, I want you to protect her if something bad happens while I'm not with her and keep an eye on him. I don't want him too close of her."

"I would protect her even if you didn't tell me because she is like my little sister, but you have to trust me that Nic would never hurt her."

"Good. I hope for his own good otherwise he won't live long enough to find out the truth. Now, let's return to the party".