Mine 3

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 3 §§§

What Tanya and her friend didn't expect was the atmosphere of the place in which they entered. Everything was high tech and the dim light inside the club was making it look surreal. The lights, the music and even the people gathered on the stage dancing seductively seemed different, abnormal, compared with anything Tanya had seen before, even if the concept was the same.

Maybe Tanya was not a party girl, but she definitely could tell that something was not right. This was not a usual club, but something more. She could not tell what seemed so different in this location than in others. Maybe it had something to do with the creepy looks of some of the guests or maybe it had something to do with their strange behavior. The atmosphere was deeply seductive as some of the people dancing were rubbing their bodies in a slow and steady pace, while others were passionately kissing their partners necks.

She felt that something was off, but she did not want to verbalize her thoughts. Ignoring her inexplicable apprehension, Tanya led Anne towards a table, passing by many strangers who seemed to stop doing what they were doing only to stare in their direction with sparkling eyes which frightened Tanya the most. She didn't know why, but she felt unsafe. It was like the danger was floating in the air like a thin, but suffocating invisible veil.

"Tanya, are you ok?" Anne asked all of a sudden. "You are very pale..."

"I'm fine. I'm just not used to being in a place like this." Something is off, she wanted to add, but stopped herself. After all, she didn't want to scare her friend.

"Come on, let's sit down and drink something, shall we?" Tanya asked, looking toward Anne, while smiling reassuringly.

"Ok" she answered jumping excitedly in front of her best friend, completely ignoring the stares of the people from the club. She was oblivious to anything else other than the reason of their night out: they wanted to have fun, and that was what they were going to do.

"I want to dance... But, first I have to call Jeremy to see where he is... Could you order something to drink for me, while I make this phone call?" Anne asked hopefully.

"Of course I can. What would you like to drink?"

"A Limoncello" she ordered yelling.

"Ok" Tanya muttered while shaking her head amused by Anne's behavior.

"What can I get for you?" the bartender suddenly asked. He was a tall black guy with a lot of piercings and sparkling dark blue eyes. He must have had contacts for the color of his eyes to be so intense.

He looked directly in Tanya's eyes as if he could read her soul directly through her eyes.

"I want a Coke and a Limoncello for my friend" Tanya answered after a few seconds of silence due to the unexpected presence of the young man.

The guy stared at Tanya with cold eyes before turning around and preparing the drinks.

Tanya looked around her, analyzing the people gathered inside the huge building.

There were men and women dancing seductively on the dance floor, there were people standing at the bar and there were also couples sitting at their tables.

While waiting for Anne's return, Tanya could see a lot of good looking guys smiling in her direction as if they were trying to mesmerize her with their sexiness.

What was strange was that the women they were with did not seem to mind their behaviors.

In the back side of the bar was a more secluded area of the club. A long narrow staircase led to the first floor of the club.

Tanya recognized the woman who checked her's and Anne's IDs when they entered inside the club.

She seemed nervous. She was talking with a few scary looking guys while glaring in her direction.

Tanya didn't know what to believe, so she ignored the stares and turned her attention toward the bartender who brought her and Anne's drinks.

What she didn't know was the young man standing on the other side of the club, stalking her like she was his prey.