Barbecue part 2

MOLLY'S POV: 

John and I were inside the living room talking to Mrs. Rivers about Tony trying to find out if he has told her who has been putting the bruises on his arms and legs. "I'm sorry alphas but he just tells me that he doesn't want them to get into trouble. That boy has a heart of gold for one so young but I wish he would just tell me who is hurting him as i'm sure you both do as well. Tony does seem quit taken with Emily." Mrs. Rivers had a smile as she said that last part. "I know what you mean. From what I have seen Tony seems to have a positive influence on my daughter. When she came here just yesterday covered in wounds I was afraid that she would reject anyone who got near her. But ever since Tony has been around her, it seems as if she is calm when she feels the need to protect him." 

John always did have a good read on body language and it seems that Emily is at the forefront of everyone's thoughts. Then I realized something my mate and I haven't checked on her and Tony in awhile. As I made my way over to the nearest window. I saw our pack-mates all running in the same direction and a bad feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. "John! Something's wrong. The pack's moving away from the backyard!" I yelled. As soon as I opened the door angry growls could be heard and with that John and I along with Mrs. Rivers were racing towards a large gathering.

EMILY'S POV:

Kayla was circling me trying to find a weak spot. I growled at her telling her that she would not get away with hurting Tony. Her response was a low growl that held promise of harm. My wolf smiled at Kayla's response since she would taste her opponents flesh and blood. Kayla lunged after her third circle, she tried to take my flank but I had news for her that wasn't going to happen. As soon as she was close enough I took my chance to take a bite out of her shoulder. 

She howled in pain and anger when I tore away flesh and fur. My wolf growled at her when she snarled and lunged a second time. I pushed Tony out one way while I went the other way so that she was now between the two of us. When she turned around and saw that Tony and I were separated from each other she took that as a sign of weakness. But instead of lunging at me Kayla went for Tony. 

My wolf was seeing red now and took off after her opponent. I faintly heard Molly and my dad calling our names but it was drowned out by the blood rushing in my ears. When Kayla extended her back paws I clamped my jaws firmly on them jerking her back while my teeth sunk in hitting bone. Kayla yelped trying to get out of my grasp which only worked in my favor as my teeth acted like tiny saws each time she moved.

Growling I jerked her to the ground away from Tony. Only when I heard her bones break I released her. She tried to stand but only managed to pull her front half up whimpering from the pain. I ran around her biting everywhere I could sink my teeth into. There was a surge of enough power to make any wolf bow in submission but it just rolled off of my fur like a light breeze. I faintly heard Molly telling dad that since I wasn't pack and the daughter of an alpha his power wouldn't have the same effect on me. 

Kayla was now laying on the ground bleeding from multiple wounds which had my wolf howling. She was still concious so I came close to her face, not close enough to get bit but enough that she could see her death in my eyes. A hand touched my fur and I instantly had the offender pinned underneath me. My wolf and I recognized the man as Junior.

JUNIOR'S POV:

Emily had pinned me and was growling in my face with deep hatred in her eyes. Her wolf was not happy with me for taking away her prey and I knew that one wrong move I was as good as dead. But I could see in her eyes that she had recognized me by the way her growling had subsided. "Easy little one. No harm. Kayla will get punished but it is the alpha's job not yours." That was the wrong thing to say. Within an instant her teeth were on my neck and her growls not only returned but held deadly malice. She was daring me to say or do something against her.