Barbecue part 1

MOLLY'S POV:

I couldn't believe I made a mistake leaving John there to take care of Emily. My wolf was the least to say not happy with our mate. 'What on Earth told him that using the alpha voice on the pup was A GOOD IDEA?! Why not just send her back to her mother where she could at least try to fight back. She can't fight the ALPHA VOICE! WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING' The more my wolf ranted and growled the more I became angry with his decision. 

When John came into the living room, where I was sitting on the couch, he sat beside me and sighed. "You know Molly your wolf likes to speak her mind through our bond." I turned to glare at him, "Yeah well, can't say I blame her. She and I are in complete agreement on this one Johnathan Paul Rivers. We look upon Emily as if she were our own. That poor girl has been through a lot and here you come demanding in your alpha voice no less that she attend a gathering of over fifty people. I thought you could handle breaking the news to her GENTLY not order her around."

He looked at me in desperation, "How would you have handled it Molly? Emily would have refused and most likely hidden herself away from the whole pack. I did what I had to do for her own good. And now we know that she will be there for sure." With an exasperated sigh I pinched the bridge of my nose. "John. Her mother nearly broke her, if it weren't for her wolf she would most likely have been. You should have let her know that we were going to be there for her as well as Jake, Junior, Matt and Mrs. Rivers. So she would know that if things became too overwhelmed that she could have come to any of us for a break."

John looked deep in thought then a look of horror came upon his features. "I really messed up. Didn't I Molly? How can she feel safe with us if I don't give her someone that will be there for her? I'm her father for howling out loud." I looked at my tortured mate, "Sweetie i'm going to tell you to do something for not only me but for your pup. So I can fix it. Now what I need you to do is stay away from her until the gathering. Give me time to reassure her that you had a lapse in judgement and that we will be there for her." He simply nodded earning him a kiss when I got up to go see if I have anything for Emily to wear.

EMILY'S POV:

I woke up to my bed shaking and giggling. 'Wait giggling?' I sat up and my green eyes met with blue ones that held so much innocence. While I rubbed away the last remnants of sleep out of my eyes the giggling grew to laughs. Once my eyes were clear I got a good look at my intruder. A little boy who looked no older than four or five had short spiked dark brown hair. "Hey lady. Wanna play?" He asked with hope filled eyes. My wolf was ecstatic at the thought of playing with the little pup. But me being of cautious nature decided to get some information before I let my wolf out to play with him. "First tell me a little about yourself then we can play. What's your name and where are your parents?" 

His eyes seemed to glow at the promise of play while he clapped his little hands. "My name's Tony. I don't have any parents I live with Mrs. Rivers since some of the pack is mean to me. So can we play now?" When he said that some of the pack was mean to him my wolf growled in outrage. How can anyone wish to harm a pup?! I was brought out of my musings by two chubby little hands on either side of my face. "Hey lady. What's your name and when can we play?" He smiled. 

I couldn't help but smile lovingly back at him. "I'm Emily. Do you mind if we play as wolves? I'm not used to playing but my wolf seems to know." He giggled as he was jumping off the bed and shifted in mid air. When he landed he was a brown wolf pup and was wagging his tail with a wolfish grin on his face. Tony lowers his front half and yips to get me to play. I let my wolf take over and within a flash I stand on the bed as my pure white wolf.

After stretching out I hear little mock growls and turn to look at the little pup who has his little tail waving in the air. I jump off the bed to tackle him but he takes off out of the open door. His little paws couldn't take him too far ahead so she followed a little ways behind him seeing where he was headed. When Tony took off into the kitchen Emily took this chance to pounce on him. The little boy gave an excited yip as he was pinned under the larger wolf.