Prologue

Prologue

The putrid smell entered my nostrils, burning the inside of my nose, but I kept running. My legs ached and my lungs were on fire. As I  ran, I felt tears coming down my cheeks uncontrollably. Raindrops were falling on my face, giving me a quite refreshing feeling. I violently tried cleaning my face with the palm of my hand while still running, which only caused me to hurt myself. My mom's voice echoed inside my head repeatedly, each second stronger. I kept hearing her yelling at me, "Run! Don't stop, just run!" I closed my eyes for a second and then felt my body drop down freely under the influence of gravity not feeling the ground anymore...

My body jerked and my muscles twitched as I woke up, the timing perfect with the feeling of falling down a hole. I was breathing heavily and my heart beat so strong that I could feel it hitting my chest. Slowly, I calmed myself until my body was relaxed.

Something soft and smooth touched my back, making me jump off the bed. The blankets fell to the floor, uncovering a half-naked woman, and then every memory came to me: the party, the drinks, the drugs, the women, and then her coming last. Everything was blurry and all I could remember with clarity was sleeping with her. I scratched my head and started to look for my clothes without making any sound. I didn't want to wake her up and tell her this was a just one-night stand. When I was opening the door, I heard a voice behind me.

"Where are you going?" she asked, her voice full of lust, which made me frown. I turned around and saw her stretching seductively and raising her eyebrows. I didn't even know why I slept with her in the first place; I must have been really drunk last night. I walked slowly toward her, carefully watching all of her body. She had long blond hair and white skin; her body was freaking hot in that seductive black underwear and all I could think was that she could be a perfect Playboy bunny.

I got on bed with her, crawling closer to her body and caressing her cheek with one of my hands.

"Baby, this was just one-night thing you know?" My voice was soft but still I could see how much my words had hurt her, though she must have known this since the beginning.

I got off the bed and stood beside it, watching her face getting red and her eyes filling with tears. How I hated it when girls cried for their own mistakes. I turned around and walked towards the door, slowly putting my t-shirt on, but then a pillow hit my head.

"You're such an asshole! Fuck you!" Her screams were so high-pitched that it was starting to hurt my ears. She kept throwing me anything she could find near her. My arms covered my face, but everything she threw to me still hurt like hell. A few seconds later, a glass broke in my arms, making me scream in pain, and I started to bleed. I saw the wound with pieces of glass in some places. At that moment, she stopped throwing things to me but kept yelling and insulting me.

The anger started to build up until I couldn't bear it anymore. My hands formed into fists and I could feel the nails hurting my skin. I tried to calm down and waited for her to shut up but none of it happened.

"I hope you die! Son of a bi-" I interrupted her with the punch that I inflicted upon her face, making her fall on the ground. I had exploded and there was nothing that could stop me now. Her cries became louder as she crawled away from me. I grabbed her long hair and pulled her, making her fall on her back. I punched her again in her face and then on her chest, leaving her breathless. I took a piece of glass from the floor and squeezed it with my hand. Blood was dripping but the anger had made my body completely numb. No pain, no remorse, no compassion.

"Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry," she could barely talk from crying so much. Tears were running from her eyes like a waterfall. I got on top of her and looked at her deep blue eyes.

Kill her.

I shook my head to get those thoughts out my head even though I knew it was impossible.

You know you want to.

Those thoughts were getting over me within every second and it was too late to try to get them off my head. Without closing my eyes, Without closing my eyes, I impaled her in the chest with the glass.I watched as blood splashed all over the place. A smirk crossed my face.

Her screams were filled with agony, which was almost like music for me. The adrenaline was strong and I couldn't stop feeling pleasure. I stabbed her over and over again in every part of her chest until there were no spaces left to embed the piece of glass. The floor was now a dark blood lake surrounding her body. She wasn't screaming now and didn't move at all. She was dead.

My heart started to beat so fast and my breath was irregular. I looked at her eyes that were once full of life but were now empty and ghostly, staring at nowhere. I covered my face with my hands and felt the warmth against it.

I stayed in the same position for several minutes, contemplating over what just happened. A metallic and pungent smell entered my nostrils. Slowly, I took my hands off my face and stared at them cautiously. They were no longer light-olive; instead, they had become red bright.

Her blood.

I stood up and slowly walked to the bathroom without talking my eyes off my hands. The cold water got deep red with blood, the process taking moments that felt like an eternity. I washed my face carefully, washing every thought from my head.

I lifted my head and looked myself in the mirror. A smile appeared on my reflection as I stared deeply into my eyes full of pain, sadness, resentment, anger, hatred, remorse and at last, satisfaction.

Three words were around in my head and I could not help but saying them out loud,

"I liked it."

Copyright © 2012 AppleBookWorm