Chapter 29

Real feelings don't just "go away"

Rylie's POV

All eyes were on Finn. He was in shocked, eyes wide opened. He looked at Minami in fear and to our surprised, he suddenly ran leaving us.

"Finn!" Amy yelled and chased him. The noise of their footsteps filled the corridor.

Minami slouched back to his seat while I drowned my face into the palm of my hands. In normal situation, this all were none of my business and I wouldn't have to care. I wouldn't have ran from my date with Aaron and came here. But, this is about her.. About Alvi. She was hurt in such a young age. That man.. Why do some people are just so cruel? I closed my eyes and then her innocent and smiling face flashed right in front of my eyes.

A man dressed in white came out from her room and Minami jumped to him. "How's she?" he asked. Desperately.

The man who I assumed was her doctor let out a sigh. "She's currently stable. We could only watch until things change. You can see her, but only few people." he said briefly and left us.

We sighed.

Stable means she's not getting any worse nor getting any better. We could only wait. Minami walked to the door and slowly opened the knob. I followed him behind. Neither of us said anything. I heard the beeping machine as we walked in and the scent of hospital smelled stronger inside. On the bed, I saw her laying there unresponsively. Tubes were inside her nose. Her skin was paler. Her chest rose and fell slowly from breathing. She looked so weak and fragile.

Minami took her hand in his. He stared at the girl with a look I couldn't comprehend. I looked away when he lowered his head and slowly kissed Alv on forehead. He muttered words that I didn't understand as he put her hand back and walked away, leaving me alone with unconscious Alvia.

I sat on a chair beside the bed and stared at her. Yeah, staring at her was already my habit since we never talked anymore. Her sleeping face was so calm and peaceful. The sight in front of me forced me back to the stormy night when we were sleeping together in her room.

I was awfully missing her.

"I don't understand.." I said. My fingers trailed down her cheeks. "I was the one who pushed you away."

"But, you know, when you do distance yourself far from me.. All I can feel is longing. Longing to hear you talk to me. Longing to be next to you again." I said with a choked up voice.

"Maybe.. I do love you. Maybe I do regret it. I've ignored you. I was denying it." I swallowed the lump in my throat, "You mean so much to me.. I don't know if my heart can take losing you in any form.. I'm sorry." Tears ran down my cheek when I said it.

I took her hand in mine and looked to see her face. I was startled as I saw a tear rolled down her cheek. She responded to my words. I was excited to the thought that she might have heard me.

I wiped my tears, "Je t'aime, Alvia." I whispered as I kissed the palm of her hand.

Slowly but sure, I could feel her fingers moving in my hand. It was brief and then she stopped.

"Alvi?" I called for her

Nothing happened.

But then I saw a movement under her eyelids. I could see she was struggling opening her eyes. I watched as her eyes fluttered open. She blinked a few times and looked around scanning the room until her eyes rested on me. I swore I had the biggest smile in my life. Her mouth slightly opened but she was too weak that no voice came out.

I cupped her cheek and smiled, "Don't worry, you're safe here." I spoke to her softly

******

Amy's POV

-Move backwards to the time where she chased Finn-

"Finn! Wait!" I chased him who was already beyond my reach. I kept running to him until we arrived in a large park. I lost sight of him. There was no one there. It was late, the patients must have gone back to their room. I walked to the nearest couch and dropped my exhausted body on it. Behind me was a small fountain. I rested my head on the back of my couch and stared at the night sky. The sound of the fountain accompanied me.

There was no star and the moon was hidden by the clouds. "Why so gloomy.." I smiled weakly to myself.

I had no idea why would Finn run away from us, from me. We're friends. My very first true friends. Why did he turn his back on me?

I let myself rest for a while, feeling the chill on my skin. Maybe Finn needed space. It's no use to force him to stay. I closed my eyes until I realized Ms. Shevlin was still there. I had to accompany her. I quickly got up and see them. I speed-walked to her room. The corridor was deserted and seemed dull to me. Only a few nurse passing by. Some of them gave me a polite smile and I smiled back.

I walked to the VIP area and there was nobody there. Even after I arrived in front of Alvia's room I didn't see Minami or Ms. Shevlin.

Should I go inside..? I thought to myself. I reached to the door knob and stopped there. For some reasons, my body wouldn't let me to go inside. I carefully opened the door and peeked inside. I saw Ms. Shevlin's back. She was sitting beside her and then, I heard her talking.

"You mean so much to me.." My heart pounded at her words. "I don't know if my heart can take losing you in any form.. I'm sorry."

My grip tighten on the door as I keep listening. No.. I shouldn't hear this. I know where this is going.

"Je t'aime, Alvia." she said. Finally. It strucked me like a knife on heart. I could feel my knees weaken. Well, yeah I don't understand french that much. But I know what she means. I know I should be happy for them, after all I was the one who wanted them to be together.

Still.. it was hurt. I thought helping her would make me move on.

I pulled myself out and slowly closed the door. I leaned on the door and licked my dry lips. My eyes were burning and tears were threatening to come out.

Falling for your bestfriend is annoying.

******

Hey my lovely readers *grin*  Sorry for waiting so long. Yes, I love you too. I was confused to how the story should be going first. I took too much time for thinking and sorry for that :$ I hope this is alright and sorry for the grammar, I'm still confuse on using present and past lol.

This chapter is dedicated for you who are craving for updates. Look at how kind I am considering my final is next week ψ(`∇´)ψ

Comment and Vote! :)