Chapter 1

You came along just like a song, and brighten my day. [Barry Manillow - Can't Smile Without You]

Alvia's POV

Riiing!!

Uh, yes, my alarm clock is the reason why my dream is officially killled. I got off of the bed and turned it off. My name is Alvia Kei and I just moved to Canada because of my Mom's job, Isabella Kei. She is an international model and we move a lot. I'm pretty sure we'll eventually move again soon. It's okay though since I knew a lot of people because of it. My dad, Kelvin Kei who is a director of not-so-big-company, is living in America, or Japan, ..or maybe Australia. Heck, I don't know. We live separated and yes, nomaden.

"God, why does it have to be so freezing cold here?! I miss Indonesia!" I shouted while turning on the shower.

"Honey, is everything alright?" my mom knocked

"Um..yeah, I guess. The water is cold here," I forced a laugh

"Baby, this is Canada. You don't have to take a shower at 6.30 am," she chuckled

I blushed not knowing that, "Eh.. But I don't want to go to school without taking a bath first"

"Well, just make sure you use the water heater there. It must be on your right," she giggled and I can hear she's walking away.

After the shower, I chosed a dress, legging, and my brown leather boots. "Hmm, it doesn't look bad for a first day," I smiled while looking at my reflection in the mirror. My mom is a half Japanese and a half French while my dad is half Australian and half Indonesian. So, I don't know what I am anymore. Sigh..

I went to the dining room and found my mom there eating her breakfast elegantly. Yes, elegantly. She always look elegant and calm, even when she eats. Jeez, maybe because she's a model.

"Ohayou, mom!" I greeted cheerfully

"Ohayou, honey. Are you going now? Do you want me to take you to school?" she asked.

"Yes and no. Don't you have a photo shoot today? You should just rest today," I smiled, grabbing my sandwich and kissed her cheek, "Bye, mom. Love you!"

"Bye dear, good luck with your school"

In twenty minutes we have arrived in my new school. My driver quickly got off from the car and pulled the door for me. I stepped out and looked at the huge building in front of me. Is it a school or an office building?

"James.." I called to my driver

"What is it Ms.?"

"Are you sure this IS a school?" I asked sarcastically

"Yes, Ms. I'm pretty sure of it," he giggled

"Whatever.." I rolled my eyes and went inside this-so-called-school.

I looked at my surrounding. There were bunch of people. By the look of their face, they must be a rich and spoiled brat. I'm not judging, it's just my opinion. James have given my schedule and now is.. homeroom? What is it? A lesson? Oh god, this is all new to me. I used to be home-schooled and the first time I went to school is when I was in Junior High School, and it was in Indonesia. The school system is completely different. In there, I just have to sit in one class and wait for the teacher to come until the end of period. You will be signed with another 30 kids and they will be your classmates until the end of the year. Now, I have to search for my classroom for every subject with different people too? Cool.

"Uh oh, I'm late!" noticing the bell has rang and I didn't know the room yet. I turned my back and

BAM!

"Oh, no.. I'm SO sorry," it was a woman's voice

"Go-gomenasai.." I said while rubbing my head

Great. I bumped into someone, oh wait maybe I could ask for direction. I quickly got up and bend to help her to stand.

"Daijoubu, ne? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly giving her my hand

"Ah, yes.." she raised her head and took my hand. In front ot me was an art of God. Fine-looking woman, pleasant to look at, and an endearing smile. I stared at her as she stood up and cleaned her skirt. I was captivated.

"Well, aren't you the transfer student? Follow me, you're lucky because you bumped into your teacher," she smiled

I was still startled, she's too beautiful to be real, and she said she is my teacher.

Wait, what? She's my teacher?