These are the Lies Pt. II

AN: many people requested a part two so here we go!
-
-
-
Stiles sees Derek on the street the next day, walking with a bag of groceries in one hand. He bites his lip, wondering if he should go up and talk to him but he doesn't have a chance to decide before Derek is already walking towards him.

Derek smiles. "Hey."

"Hi," Stiles says nervously. "Listen, uhm, I think we need to talk."

"I was going to say the same thing." Derek's smile drops from his face. "Do you want to go get a coffee or something? Maybe in an hour because I still have to drop these groceries off at my apartment."

"Yeah sure. Just text me when and where."

Derek nods, giving him a small smile before walking away. Stiles looks behind him as Derek walks away, wondering why Derek seemed a little off to him. He bit his lip, maybe it's something to do with how things are right now?

Deciding he can't do anything about it, he pushes the thought out of his mind. He'll see later what exactly was up with Derek.

An hour later, Stiles' phone pings with a text message from Derek saying to meet him at the local café down the street in fifteen minutes. Stiles pulls on his shoes and takes a jacket off the coat rack. His hands are shaking from his nerves.

He takes a deep a breath. "You can do this Stiles. Just be honest."

Ten minutes later Stiles is standing in line at the coffee shop. A Christmas song is playing on the radio despite it only being the 10th of November. The bell on the door jingles and Stiles jumps, looking towards the door but it's not Derek standing there. It's a young woman with a hat pulled over her wild hair. She meets his eyes and smiles; Stiles smiles back.

"Next!"

Stiles moves up and places his order. He stands off to the side to wait, pulling out his phone and checking the time. It's been fifteen minutes since Derek sent that text and he hasn't shown up yet. A bad feeling settles in the bottom of his stomach.

"Here's your vanilla latte. Have a good day," an employee says, handing Stiles his drink. Stiles nods and takes a seat by the window.

He sips his drink, taking a look at his phone every 15 seconds. This just isn't right, Derek is never late for anything and he would never just ditch either. He's always given a warning if he can't make it and that's rare as it is.

"Hi, uh, can I sit here?" the young woman from earlier asks.

"Yeah, sure. I was waiting for someone but it doesn't seem like they're going to show," Stiles says, giving a sad smile. The girl gives him a sympathetic look, taking a seat.

"I don't know who would stand you up and why. You sure look like someone who's amazing to talk to," the girl says. "I'm Riley by the way."

"Thank you and nice to meet you. I'm Stiles." Stiles smiles and gives a little nod. Just then, a blur of red lights fly by on the street and Stiles stares as it passes.

"They must be heading to the accident a block away." Riley is staring at out the window too, her face showing signs of worry. "It looked pretty bad."

"What happened?" Stiles asks and as he does, the bad feeling in the bottom of his stomach seems to double in size.

"Someone ran a red light and completely smashed into a black car. When I walked by, they already had the police there trying to get inside the cars. Both of them looked absolutely totaled."

A black car...Derek? No, no that's not possible. He was supposed to meet Stiles here. There's no way he was part of that car crash.

"This black car...was it a Camaro?" Stiles hesitantly asks. Riley thinks about it, tilting her head to the left while staring out the window.

"I think so," she says, facing Stiles again. "The front definitely looked like one."

Stiles abruptly stands up. "I-I gotta go."

Riley's eyes widen. "Let me come with you. No way you're going there alone if that could possibly be the person you were supposed to meet."

"I...I can't...I just have to make sure," Stiles says, abandoning his cup on the table before running out the door. Riley grabs her cup and quickly follows him.

Stiles is weaving his way through the crowd, pushing people out of his way when they don't move for him. Panic is setting in and it feels like there is water in his lungs, drowning him in fear. All his senses are on alert and he follows the sound of a siren to the crash. His heart is pounding in his chest when he finally comes up to the crash.

There, Stiles can see paramedics taking off the driver door of a black car, a black Camaro. He can barely see a body there and for a second, he thinks it's not Derek. But for just a second. A paramedic moves to the right and Stiles can see the face of the body.

Derek.

From here it doesn't look like he's breathing.

"No!" Stiles yells, pushing through the police that are standing on the edge of the scene.

"Stiles!" Riley yells. "Stiles, stop!"

A policeman grabs Stiles by his arms. "Son, I'm going to need you to stand back."

"No, I have to see him! Derek!" Stiles yells, struggling against the police officer. "Der!"

"I'm sorry but you can't go over there. This is critical," the man says.

"Stiles." And then there's Riley who looks blurry through the tears streaming down Stiles' face. "I'm so sorry."

Her eyes are glistening too and she takes his hand.

"It's best if you don't see it. Trust me." She helps the officer put Stiles on the other side of the barrier.

"That can't be him," Stiles cries, collapsing against Riley. "He was supposed to...oh god. This is all my fault."

"Hey, this isn't your fault," Riley assures him, rubbing a hand up and down his back. Her next words come out as a croak. "This was an accident."

Stiles watches as the paramedics gets the person out of the other car, their eyes barely open and their breaths are shallow. But alive. Something that Derek isn't.

"I've lost him." Sobs break out of Stiles making it hard for him to breathe.

"It's gonna be okay. I promise," Riley says. "It hurts but it will be okay."

These are the lies.

_

_

A/N: and that was part two. I'm sorry if I ripped your hearts out and stomped on them. Blame my best friend for choosing the angsty ending and blame my sister for the extreme angst. What happens next is all up to your imaginations, if Stiles can recover from this or not.

Again, I'm sorry for the angst but I just had to. Love you all xx