Love Drunk

A/N: I didn't use the whole song 'cause I thought where I ended it was good. Also, 856 reads?! That's like 300 more than I had four days ago omg you guys I love y'all so much!

Credit to BooksBandsFanfiction for the song suggestion while we were in the car
-
-
-
Can't breathe, can't sleep, crazy what you do to me
Head is smokin' feeling my heart is open

"Stiles, why is your heart beating so fast?" Derek asks Stiles as they lie beside each other under the stars. Stiles looks over at him and smiles.

"Oh nothing. You just make me crazy," Stiles replies, looking back up at the twinkling stars.

Derek grabs Stiles's hand and holds it in his. "And now you've stopped breathing. Or at least, you did for a second there," Derek comments.

"This is what you do to me," Stiles says. Derek smiles, secretly loving this affect he has on Stiles.

"Could do a lot more things," Derek says, smirking as Stiles blushes like crazy.

So hazy, but it's alright to take me to the dark side
Dangerous, but I'm fearless

The more Derek falls for Stiles, the more in danger he is. Anything supernatural is just waiting to tear Stiles away from him and that scares him. But he isn't afraid of falling deeper for this boy who's full of sarcasm and useless knowledge.

"Wanna know something interesting about bananas?" Stiles asks Derek as they both cook dinner in the kitchen. The rest of the pack is sitting in the living room watching a movie.

"No but almost positive you're going to tell me anyways," Derek replies and Stiles nods his head.

"That I am. Bananas are called the happy fruit," Stiles says and Derek sighs.

"Of course it is."

My eyes are blue but I'm seeing red
And I just can't shake you outta my head

"Derek Hale," Stiles mutters angrily under his breath. "Get the hell out of my head. I have work to do."

Stiles places a coffee cup on the counter for a customer. The customer picks it up and scowls.

"This isn't mine," the girl says, giving the cup to the person behind her. "That was theirs. I can smell the straight up coffee in it."

"Oh sorry," Stiles says, then places another cup on the counter. The girl picks it up and with a satisfied nod and a thanks, she walks off. "Straight up coffee. This is a coffee shop," Stiles mutters, shaking his head.

"Get it together. You've been messing up everything today," one of Stiles's coworkers says as he walks by.

"If it wasn't for a certain Hale taking up my thinking space, I'd be alright," Stiles says to no one in particular.

I'm a little bit love drunk
Ever get the feeling when you're miles away
Everybody's looking at me, walking, stumbling

Stiles self consciously looks around as he walks down the street. He felt like someone was staring at him but he can't see anyone who would be. Suddenly, Stiles trips over his shoe string and stumbles.

Stiles shakes his head, a dopey smile covering his face despite what just happened. He can't wait to see Derek again. He keeps replaying all their cute couple moments in his head, almost giggling like an idiot when he thinks of the first time they kissed.

Hardly talking, mumbling, going red in the face
Promise I've been drinkin' only lemonade
It's all I take
My heart's just on one about someone
And I'm a little bit love drunk

"Alright bro, are you drunk?" Scott asks, walking up to Stiles and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Your face is very red."

"Hmm? Oh," Stiles says, shaking his head then holding up his cup. "Nope, just been drinking lemonade. Why would I get drunk at a barbeque?"

Scott shrugs, taking his hand off his shoulder. "You're weird like that. Besides, you've been bumping into multiple things and then you mumble apologies to it like that table over there."

"Well, I'm not high or drunk. At least, not drunk on alcohol," Stiles says then takes a glance at Derek who's laughing with Isaac as Jackson sits on the ground with a frown on his face.

Realization crosses over Scott's face. "Ah, love drunk. I see."

"Yeah," Stiles says simply, a grin on his face.

Feelin' so hot, I'm taking your clothes off
Glasses steamed up, I'm dreaming that no one can see us

"Care to join me?" Derek asks Stiles from the bathroom door. Stiles turns around from his spot at the desk. "I'm taking a shower. It's all nice and steamy."

"A place where the pack can't see us? Definitely," Stiles replies, standing up from the chair and walking over to Derek. He tugs at Derek's shirt. "Hurry up and get this off, sourwolf."

"Only if I can take off yours," Derek whispers in Stiles's ear.

Trippin' out on the floor
Freaking out for sure
Still I need you more

"Babe, you have to be a little more careful," Derek says to Stiles as he catches him from tripping on the dance floor. Somehow they ended up at a party by Lydia's doing.

"Dance with me," Stiles says, pulling Derek more into the crowd of dancers.

After a couple songs, Stiles pulls Derek closer. Derek kisses Stiles repeatedly, mumbling about how much he loves him.

"I love you too," Stiles whispers. Stiles shakes his head. "God, I'm so drunk on your love."