Monsters Part Two

AN: here's a continuation of the last one shot! Again, I'm really sorry about my updating yesterday. Tell me how y'all like it! xx
-
-
"Are you okay, Stiles?" Talia asks. Stiles shrugs and Derek tugs at his mom's arm. "Yes sweetheart?"

"I want to hug him. Let him go," Derek says. Stiles looks up and smiles at him, crawling out of Talia's grip and into Derek's. Derek holds him closer to him.

Talia smiles at them and grabs the blanket off the back of the couch, lying it over the two of them.

The door opens and Stilinski and David walk in. Stilinski looks like he's been scratched up into pieces and David just looks drained.

"My boy alright?" Stilinski asks. Talia nods and points to the two boys who are falling asleep on each other.

"He was screaming and crying but he eventually calmed down," Talia says then rubs her eyes. "I'm worried you guys. Derek said there were people in Stiles's eyes. What do you think that means?"

"I don't know. There's something with Stiles that's just...supernatural?" Stilinski replies but more as a question.

"Children are more susceptible to the supernatural than adults are. It's no wonder Stiles saw that demon thing first," David comments. "Poor kid, no wonder he was scared half to death."

Talia jumps as a door upstairs slams shut. "Must be one of the other kids," she says. "They always seem to be up to something."

"Yeah. We all just need to go to bed," David mumbles. "John, you can sleep in the guest room. Stiles can sleep with Derek."

"Mom, where you walking upstairs?" Laura asks from the top of the stairs. "I seen shadows pass in front of my door."

Talia looks at David. "No, it was just your mind sweetheart. Go back to bed," Talia replies. Laura nods and walks back down the hall.  Talia looks over at David and raises an eyebrow. "Is it possible whatever you were talking about followed you here?"

David crosses his arms and looks over at the two boys. "Possibly. If that thing is attached to Stiles or you, John, then it's very likely that it did."

Stilinski shakes his head. "I can't have that thing here with your family. That's not safe, especially with the kids."

"Stop, you guys are staying here. We know how to deal with this," Talia says, placing a hand on Stilinski's arm. "Did you forget we're a family of werewolves? We know a lot about the supernatural."

"Besides whatever that was. I'm guessing it's a demon. Not sure which type but I'm going to go search through the archive books," David says. Stilinski nods, giving the Hale's a small smile.

"Thanks. This really means a lot," Stilinski says. David and Talia smile at him.

"It's not a problem," Talia says.

"I'm going to search the archive. I'll be back later you guys," David says, walking down the hallway and disappearing into a door on the left.

Stilinski goes to bed an hour later. The whole house is quiet. Talia took the boys up to bed and now she's sitting in the kitchen, staring at the wall across from her. A clanking sound catches her attention and she looks up.

"Der?" she whispers. There's no reply so she shakes her head. It must be her mind playing tricks on her, or that demon lurking around.

Stiles sits up in bed, someone had yanked his ankle and almost pulled him off the bed. He looks around before quietly slipping off the bed and walking towards the door. Something was calling to him, pulling him in like a magnet. He wanders downstairs and past the kitchen, down the hall towards the library where David was.

The demon was hiding in the shadows beyond the door. Stiles freezes when he sees it. His eyes are wide and his body is turning cold. The demon holds a finger up to its mouth, revealing its sharp teeth. Stiles wants to warn David, tries to, but something keeps his mouth shut.

The demon inches closer to David while David continues to read over the book. The demon is just about to touch him when David grins, picks up the book and turns to walk out of the room. David looks up and jumps when he sees little Stiles standing there.

"Stiles, what are you doing up so late?" David asks then turns around. He doesn't know what made him do it, some instinct maybe. His eyes land on the demon. "Stiles, go now."

Stiles darts down the hallway and into the kitchen where Talia still was. Although, right now she was holding a knife in her hand. "Talia? David needs you," Stiles says quietly. The knife frightened him.

Talia turns to him and he screams. Her eyes are completely absorbed in blackness. She smiles wickedly and inches closer to Stiles. Footsteps pound on the stairs and Stiles is lifted into the air and spun around. He's placed on the ground and he runs up the stairs.

Stilinski studies Talia, her wicked smile turned into a snarl.

"I knew I should have left," Stilinski admits. "I would've taken you away from this family. What do you want?"

Laura runs down the stairs, carrying sage in her hand and waving it around. "We don't deal with creatures of Hell in this house," she says, waving the smoke of the sage in front of her mom. The smoke makes her cough, the black from her eyes receding slowly until it was just her pupils.

"Laura, you're putting yourself in danger, get back," Stilinski says. Laura shakes her head, looking back at him.

"No, I've been training for this. I knew something was up when I seen those feet," Laura says then runs down the hallway to her dad.

Talia coughs again, pressing a hand against her chest. "That was the scariest thing I've ever experienced and I never want anyone to experience that."

David and Laura come into the kitchen a minute later. The atmosphere instantly feels lighter. Stiles wakes Derek up, smiling at him then giving him a hug. Derek is a little confused but he hugs Stiles back.

"I'm going back to bed," Derek mumbles, forgetting to let go of Stiles before falling back in bed. Stiles laughs.

"Sleep," Stiles says, continuing to smile. This is the happiest he's been in a week, which is saying something for a five year old, all thanks to the Hale's.