Chapter 3

I woke up feeling horrible. I went ahead and crawled out of the covers, threw them over my bed, and went to my closet to get ready. I threw on some jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and my slippers before heading downstairs. I grabbed my phone on the way and saw that it was ten past eleven. I also saw that I had a couple new messages, but I just closed it, knowing I needed coffee in me before I read anything. 

Heading downstaris I noticed that there were string lights hung on my banister. A smile crept onto my face as I ran down the stairs to see the string lights continue all around my living room and into the kitchen. I turned the corner and saw George sitting on the barstool, and Louis standing, leaning against the counter. They turned to me and smiled as I came in. I don't know why, but I started to tear up. Louis instinctively came over and hugged me. Unfortunately, it only made it worse. I did my best to dry up my tears as George jumped off the barstool and put his arms around me as well. Somehow I stopped crying long enough to say, "Thank you guys."

"Anytime," Louis said.

George laughed, "Should we tell her there's more or do you think she'll literally cry a river?" Louis and I both elbowed him in the stomach.  

"So what is this surprise?" I asked curious as to what "there's more" referred to. 

Louis looked to George as if asking for approval. "We went ahead and brought back lunch for you."

"Guys, you didn't have to–"

"We know." George interrupted me.

Louis laughed, "We went and got you Hummus Brothers this morning."

My mouth dropped. "Are you serious?! You went to London for me?"

George smiled at me. "I'm glad you're excited because it was an adventure going and getting it this morning."

Louis jumped in, "Right! We even had to convince one of the owners to open early for you."

George laughed. "It's probably better that you like to sleep in."

I can't believe it. I gave each of them a hug. "You guys are seriously the best friends I could have ever asked for. Let's eat then, shall we?" I went to open the fridge, and when I saw the food I grabbed the top box that read, "Stella- It gets better. Love your bros at heart, Christian and Ronen."

"You got the owners to sign the box?!" I turned and looked at them. I was starstruck, even though I was just looking at my friends. They just laughed at me. 

"They asked us to bring you in for a wee visit soon." Louis said.

I couldn't help but smile. "That'll be great." My smile quickly faded as I thought about the time I almost went to Hummus Brothers with Chad. We were about to leave when he realized he had not completed a paper for his class. The assignment was due the next day, so we ended up spending our 6 month anniversary at the library. I wasn't angry, I was just– well, no, I was pretty angry. Come to think of it, Chad's irresponsibility always caused stuff like that to happen. I felt someone grab my shoulders, so I looked up to see Louis staring at me three inches away from my face. "Don't you dare let that idiot ruin Hummus Brothers for you."

I frowned. "Why is everyone referring to him as an idiot? Seriously guys that makes me feel terrible thinking I spent a year of my life with a complete jerk! I feel like an idiot!" They looked at me puzzled. I returned their look. "Are you not going to say anything?" They looked at each other, and then back at me. "What?!" George looked hesitant to answer but took a step forward, "We're sorry, but that was the first time anyone has called him an idiot..." Oliver. Crap. I sat down at the bar at put my head in my hands.