7. The Three Musketeers? More Like The Three Stooges

Chapter 7

The Three Musketeers? More Like The Three Stooges

I thought I was going to go crazy.  Literally.  I'd been sitting here for the past four hours, listening to them.  No matter what, I couldn't block them out.  At least my guy didn't, or I wouldn't be sleeping in the same bed every night with him.

And just what is it that's making me go crazy?

Ben and Drew's snoring. 

I mean, I didn't see how they could be sleeping when we left Boston at nine o'clock in the morning.  Even Max was asleep beside me with his head resting on my shoulder. 

Maybe I shouldn't have let them stay up and do some more research in the basement before we left.  They probably weren't even doing research either.  I could only imagine...

I pulled my iPod out of my backpack and put on my noise canceling headphones, hoping that they would work.  

And since I couldn't hear a thing once I had them in, I would say it did. 

I had my eyes closed and my head leaned back against the headrest a little while later.  I wasn't trying to go to sleep, but I was close to it.  But when I felt kisses trailing down my jaw line, I definitely wasn't anymore.  I didn't open my eyes, though, but a smile crept onto my face as one of my headphones was pulled from my ear.

"It's time to wake up, Callie...and I'll keep this up until you don’t," I heard Max say. 

Ha!  Like I would open my eyes when he told me that.   

He chucked then, probably thinking the exact same that I was. 

"That's what I thought," he said, and I felt him pull back.

"I'm still sleeping," I murmured.  "Aren't you supposed to try and wake me up still?"

Max laughed again and I could feel his face close to mine again, right in front of me.  I just barely opened my eyes, just enough to see him. 

"Yeah, I knew you were awake," he said, a smile on his face. 

"Fine," I said, opening my eyes completely.  He was standing right in front of me, leaning down so he was right in my face.  "I'm guessing we're here?"

He nodded, taking my hands in his to help me up.  "We're here," he said.  "We just landed actually."

I turned off my iPod and put it in my backpack.  Turning to look toward the back, I slung it over my shoulder. 

"Where are Ben and Drew?" I asked, looking back at him. 

"They're already in the car," he said, and then smirked.  "They're a little excited.  Can you tell?"

I snorted, rolling my eyes as he took my hand and we headed for the stairs leading out of the jet and down to the runway of the airport we'd landed at in Klagenfurt, Austria.  "Apparently."

Ben and Drew were, like Max said, already in the waiting SUV.  Well, they weren't waiting patiently.

"Can you two hurry up already?" Ben called as we walked down the stairs.  "You’re slower that my ninety-two year old grandmother!"

"And you do know that it's a three hour trip!  We don't have all day if I recall correctly!"  Drew shouted.  "We're going to miss the boat that's supposed to take us out if you don't hurry!"

"Oh, shut it, you two!" Max yelled back. 

I just shook my head.  I was going to have to deal with these three together for weeks.  Personally, I didn't know just how I was going to manage that without drowning myself in Lake Toplitz.