Prologue: One Fateful Night

Copyright 2014 © Rosesareforever

This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

***

Author's note: Hi guys, as you can see, I'm back with yet another romance series! This book will be the first standalone novel in my 'Fate Series'. I hope you'll enjoy reading the book as much as I like writing it.

Warning: I rated this story R due to mature scenes throughout the story, consider yourself warned. That being said, please don't expect explicit scenes in every chapter. This book is not an erotic novel, but a romance story.

*** 

Cruel Fate

Prologue

'One Fateful Night'

“Lia, I think you’ve had enough. You’re already way beyond wasted. It’s time to order a glass of water,” Sophie scolded, looking concerned as Amelia took another gulp from her Margarita, enjoying the soft burn as the raspberry liquid slid smoothly down her throat. Instead of nodding like a dutiful girl, Amelia snorted and shook her head.

“Party pooper, I’m just a tiny bit tipsy,” Amelia argued, pressing her thumb and index finger a few inches apart to depict how drunk she was. Sophie shook her head and rolled her eyes, clearly not agreeing with Amelia’s logic.

“It’s your birthday, you do whatever you want, but don’t hold me responsible in the morning. I warned you,” Sophie pointed out, disappointment shining in her hazel orbs.

Without replying, Amelia headed back to the dance floor, giggling when she almost tripped over her own feet. Damn, she must be really getting drunk. As a new song started, Amelia closed her avocado colored eyes and slowly started to move her hips sensually to the beat of the music, enjoying getting lost in the song echoing through the room. She’d always loved dancing. It was a way to let go of her daily struggles and completely relax.

When I met you in the summer, to my heartbeat's sound

We fell in love, as the leaves turned brown

As she rocked her hips back and forth, oblivious to the lustful stares she was causing with her alluring dancing skills, Amelia suddenly felt two large hands settle right above her hipbone. Startled by the unexpected touch, she froze for a nanosecond before she slowly started to relax as the hands gave her a gentle squeeze, encouraging her to keep moving. Too tired to open her eyes and check who’d decided to join her, Amelia continued her sensual movements. The hands stayed firmly in place, the slight pressure doing funny things to Amelia’s stomach.

And we could be together, baby, as long as skies are blue

You act so innocent now, but you lied so soon

Sober, Amelia would never dance with a guy, let alone a complete stranger. It just wasn’t her thing. Amelia was a good girl, the kind that would rather stay close to her friends when she went out. Intoxicated as she was tonight, she honestly didn’t mind whoever danced with her as long as they didn’t try to get her away from the dance floor. Her mind was foggy, eliminating the part of her brain that worried about her safety and behavior. She just wanted to have fun, to let loose and enjoy her freedom.