Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {21}

Author's note:

I was so excited to get good comments on my last chapter! Thank you guys!

So this chapter is different POV's. tell me after you read this. What team are you? Team Zack? or Team Jack?

Don't forget to vote/comment!

Enjoy!

................................................................................................................................

Recap:

"I care" He moved and pressed his lips between my neck and shoulder. "I'm.. attractive.. And I think an amazing kisser" I closed my eyes. Then saw Zack's face in my mind. I pushed away.

"Jeez Jack!" I growled. Then headed out of the room.

He didn't follow. I was grateful. So I headed outside to think...

...................................................................................................................

I walked for nearly an hour. When I got back, Zack was just waking up. I sat on the couch and had the weirdest question come to mind.

"Why don't you have a last name?" I asked.

He blinked and then answer. "We sort of do. This planet is divided into sections. Each section has a name. our section was called Chanson. So my name would be Zackary Chanson. And Jack lived by us. So his last name would be the same" He chuckled. Then got off the bed and stretched.

"Zackary Chanson. Sounds nice" I commented.

He smiled. Then left weirdly. I went to get my laundry. I folded them and put them in my bag. Feeling so much better. I definitely needed a shower. After all I had been dead for over a week.

I grabbed my clothes and bag of toiletries then headed to the bathrooms.

I nearly turned around when I saw Jack in there. Putting his stuff next to the shower.

"Hey" I muttered. Heading to the shower next to his. I would have picked the one furthest from him. But it had no curtain.

"Hey" He muttered back.

I got in and turned on the shower. Checking the curtain twice to make sure it was sealed. Sort of.

The feeling of warm water on my skin was something I missed so much. I washed my hair twice. And examined where I was shot at.

It was okay. Just like I remembered. Not a scratch.

"I'm sorry about earlier" Jack apologized.

I heard his water turn on.

"Its okay" I told him.

When I was done. I dried myself off and put on my clothes, wrapping my hair up in my towel. Then I headed to the sinks.

I stared at my eyes in the mirror. They were green. Neutral. I dried my hair and started putting on makeup. I hadn't done this in a while.

My eyes flashed to the curtain when it opened.

Jack walked out in only a white towel around his waist. His hair dripping down his face.

I looked away and back at myself. Then started working on my eyeliner again. Then I noticed my eyes. Purple. What am I happy about? I started thinking about things to change my eye color before Mr. cocky sees me.

I thought about Cassie. I missed her so much. My eyes shifted to blue. A color I have never seen on me before.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked.

"Yeah. Fine.. I Miss Cassie" I whispered.

He went into the shower again and came out wearing dark jeans. He used the towel and dried himself. I was staring so long that I looked at myself again and saw my eyeliner wasn't even on my eye anymore. I drew it a good inch from my eye. Jack started laughing. I scowled. Darn my easily being distractedness.

"Is Zack up yet?" He asked.

I nodded as I scrubbed the liner off.

"He broke my lock" I muttered. Not really annoyed. It meant he cared a lot. But now I have a broken lock.

He laughed. The put on a red t-shirt. His eyes were green. His normal color.

I finished up and left the room..

(Zack's POV)

I had been thinking about this for a long time now. And I've decided to do it. But I needed to talk to Jack first. He is my best friend.

I knocked on his door and he opened it.

"Sorry. wasn't expecting you" He murmured.

"We need to talk"

"About what?"

I closed the door behind me and sat on the couch.

"I love Samantha. And I'm going to ask her to marry me" I told him bluntly.

He was frozen by the table. His hand gripped on a cup. I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

"I've loved her for a long time Jack"

He chuckled hard then sat in the chair in the corner facing me.

It was awkward I must admit. He didn't look at me. He stared at the cup in his hands.

"I know you have feelings for her. How can someone not? She's almost perfect. But I'm in love with her. You have to except that. Please don't argue. Its over Jack" I stood up. I hated being cold. But that's the only way to talk to Jack. Be bold.

"Its not over until she is wearing a wedding dress saying 'I do'" He grabbed my arm and told me.

"Jack. Stay. Away. From. Samantha" I warned.

"No"

I yanked my arm from his grasp and busted through the door..

(Jack's POV)

I heard a knock on my door and smiled. Samantha came back to see me.

I opened the door and saw Zack.

"Sorry. wasn't expecting you" I murmured.

"We need to talk" He said sounding urgent.

"About what?" I asked curious.

He closed the door and sat on the couch. I walked over to the table and grabbed my drink.

"I love Samantha. And I'm going to ask her to marry me" He said quickly.

It took all of my strength not to break the glass in my hand. I closed my eyes and calmed down.

"I've loved her for a long time Jack" He went on. I wanted him to shut up.

I chuckled hard then sat in the chair in the corner facing him.

I stared at my cup. Thinking.

"I know you have feelings for her. How can someone not? She's almost perfect. But I'm in love with her. You have to except that. Please don't argue. Its over Jack" He said darkly.

He was heading towards the door and I snatched his arm and looked at him. "Its not over until she is wearing a wedding dress saying 'I do'"

"Jack. Stay. Away. From. Samantha" He warned.

"No"

He pulled his arm from my hand and ran out the door angry. I smiled. Then went to find Samantha..