Chapter Twelve - Dangerous Waters

Author's note: 

Okay. so this is a crazy chapter. I'm writing more right now. 

Please vote/comment! I'd love to hear what you think :D

thank you for reading!!! 

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter Twelve – Dangerous Waters

I tried to fight against Jack’s grasp so I could fight better, but Jack didn’t let me. He was so much different from Zack, it was astonishing. Though I wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad thing…

"Stop!" one man yelled at us as if we were running. The heavy man came at us along with several others behind him.

 Jack’s hand wasn’t gripping me so tightly—which I sure he didn’t mean to do. When I yanked from his grasp, I darted past him and dodged his hand that was going to yank me back once more. The heavy man was just feet away and I did a surprisingly good stern kick in his stomach. He groaned and fell to the ground. Jack killed one man before I could blink. He was such a quick fighter; I could hardly watch him He had definitely been holding back on me.

I used my bag a weapon once more and slammed it into the back of the other man’s head. He stumbled a bit, but then came at me. Jack came up from behind him and wrapped his arms around his head and gave it a quick jerk. The small man fell to the ground, dead. The other man ran off. I was afraid he was going to send more this way.

"Help me!" a girl cried.

I took off running towards the direction of the voice. Jack busted a door open and saw a girl laying on the ground sobbing and a man standing over her smiling. I was shocked by what I saw. And what almost happened. The man was tall and had an ugly face to me. It was almost like a monkey, but his hair was grayer. It was very obvious that he wasn’t following the rules of his own people and was acting alone in this barbaric situation.  

"Hey gorgeous." He smiled at me in a very sickening way. A shiver went down my spine.

It was that it bothered Jack as well. He just lunged at the man with crimson eyes that I hardly ever saw on him. As they fought, I quickly grabbed the girl by the hand and we ran from the room to safety.

"You’re safe now. Come with us," I told her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

She followed weakly with trembling knees. I wanted to help Jack and make sure he was okay, but the poor girl looked like she was about to faint.

"Do you have a baby?" I asked her.

"N-No. I never got the s-shot," she whimpered as tears began to spill over.

I heard more men coming. It was a nightmare. Where was Jack? Almost as soon as I heard the men approaching, Jack came running out of the room and stood in front of us. I didn’t even get a chance to ask what he had done with the man.

"Stand right here. And take this for protection," I gave her a pocket knife.

Here they come. I thought to myself. Jack nodded to me and I nodded back to show that I was ready. I positioned myself in front of the girl as we waited for them around the corner...

When the person rounded the corner, I slammed my leg as hard as I could into their gut. My leg ached horrible because it was like I hit steel muscles. I pinned his arm behind his back. He groaned.

"Samantha!" someone exclaimed.

I turned and saw Zack standing there in the hall. I was in the middle of a four way hall. Jack in one hall, Zack in the other.