Chapter Fifteen - Unfortunate Circumstances

Author's note:

Hello amazing fans! I am so happy that people are reading my stories. I get excited! 

I hope you vote and tell me what you think. 

I was also curious. how did you find my story? 

Thank you for reading! I will try to write more tomorrow!  

................................................................................................................................................ 

Chapter Fifteen – Unfortunate Circumstances

When Zack began to awaken, I created more of a distance between Jack and me. Zack smiled when he saw me. I was so glad not to be a Twiad, because my eyes would be so blue. I felt so bad for Jack, that I was sick to my stomach. His mother and father dead on the same day? How did Jack make it through it?

"I better go see Henry," Jack told us and headed out of the ship without saying another word.

Zack walked over to me and sat in Jack's chair.

"I heard what you two were talking about," he murmured.

For some reason I felt my muscles freeze. Why was I so terrified? Maybe it was because Jack was being so gentle with me just minutes ago. I felt as if I had cheated on Zack, even though we had no relationship.

"You were listening, eh?" I raised my eyebrow and gave a little laugh that sounded too high to me.

"I wake up when my name is mention." He shrugged.

I grabbed a Poptart before speaking. It was going to be a very long day and I very well couldn’t fight on an empty stomach. A question came to mind.

"Oh sure/" I rolled my eyes. "..Do you remember that day?"

He looked down, the way Jack had, and nodded. "Yes...”

"I'm sorry Zack."

"I'm fine. I was young and barely knew my mother. She wasn't around that much—mostly working in the garden a few miles from our house. My father was around more than her. He cooked and cleaned. He was more in my life. But I still miss her."

"How did you keep… Sane?" I wondered. That's an okay question right?

"It was really tough. I had my dad. Jack had no one. He didn't eat, sleep or anything for a week or two until we made him. Then he had nightmares and he had an extremely short temper. He broke my nose one time because I told him what to do. It wasn't until he was sixteen or so that he became different. Hollow. Then a few years ago he got to be sort of like my best friend again."

"But he's really nice now!" I gasped.

"That was more recent…" He looked away from me. I didn't understand why.

"I've known him for like two years now though and he hasn’t been that bad."

"And? Remember he was a jerk. He used anger a lot. He liked to see some people suffer. Like when he tried to take you from me--"

"But he is your best friend," I interrupted.

I wasn’t arguing or standing up for Jack by all means. In fact, I was more like trying to figure out why Jack had done that. We didn’t know each other at all and yet he shoved Zack aside for someone he didn’t know or even cared about? It made absolutely no sense to me.

"He was jealous. I had a father most of my life. His father killed himself…"

Though it did make a little sense that he had been jealous of Zack’s life, I still felt horrible for Jack. And even Zack. If I lost my mother, it would break me. It did break me when I first came to this planet. But still, Jack being so angry towards people wasn’t right.