Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Jamie

Sunlight streaked in through the dark blue curtains, and landed on the plush carpet in front of the bed. Jamie turned onto the side facing away from the window only to fall off the side of the bed. Letting out a loud groan, she rubbed her eyes with the palm of her hands before fluttering them open. Someone chuckled to the side of her and she turned her head to face the person.

Thatcher. Why is he here, in my bed?

The events of last night slowly creeped back into her mind and she groaned again. She had told him about Andrew.

Why in God's name did I do that? She asked herself, with the shake of her head.

"Hey, Jay." His voice brought her back down to reality. "What are ya doing on the floor?"

Jamie looked up to him, the whites of his eyes contrasting his smooth milk chocolate skin. He was handsome, more handsome than he had been to her in last year. Not shocking, really. Thatcher would always stand out to her, not because of his skin color, but because of how much he cared for her and that he made sure to talk to her everyday, even when she didn't respond.

"I- I fell. What are ya doing in my bed?" She stuttered. He knows about Andrew. HE KNOWS ABOUT ANDREW!!!

Oh God, he's going to ask about Andrew, Jamie concluded as Thatcher leaned over the side of the bed with a concerned face.

"As far as I'm concerned, this is my bed now." Thatcher teased easily, opening a new playful conversation. Instead of going for his bait, Jamie shook her head.

"I'm going to shower. No need to wait for me." She said hastily, pushing herself up onto her feet.

"Its not a problem, I can go down to my house to shower and then I can come back up so we can hang." Thatch smiled at her but she just shook her head.

"Why not?" Thatcher asked.

How is he not getting it? Jamie pondered. She didn't want to hurt his feelings but at the same time she didn't want to be around him.

"Thatcher, I just need some space."

"Why, Jay? I mean, its not like we slept together." His black eyebrows furrowed.

She sighed, starting to get annoyed. "That means leave." Jamie pointed to the door.

His arms crossed over his muscular chest to let her know he wasn't budging.

"Whatever." She swung her aunt's guest room door open and took step onto the wood floor with bare feet. Thatcher's soft hand shot out and grabbed her arm.

"What's the bruise on your tailbone from?" He asked and she visibly stiffened.

Wren said that nobody would notice it, Jamie thought bitterly. Wren was one of Jamie's best friends from Minnesota. He was the gay best friend that every girl needed, and a perfectly hilarious and adorable one at that.

"Gymnastics." She answered shortly and tugged her arm back.

"Liar."

"I'm not lying." Jamie ground her teeth together. Why does he think I'm lying? It really IS from gymnastics!

"Yeah you are. Don't think I can't tell when you lie."

Jamie tensed. "Get out, Thatcher."

"What? Did I hit a sore topic? Ha. Get it? Because the topic is your bruise?" Thatcher joked, but Jamie was in no mood for his care free and joking attitude.