Chapter 19

A/N: Linus Wordemann as Declan to the side!😍

Jaden

Jaden Aarons tossed the corner of the blanket back over his sister. His Aunt Tara only had a two bedroom apartment, and so he and Jamie were to share the spare bedroom. Turner just got the couch, to which Jaden snickered at. Sunlight streaked in through the window and he tumbled out of the queen size bed. As he stood at the edge, he gazed at his sister's figure that shivered under the blanket. He rolled his eyes but leaned forwards to tuck it closer to her nonetheless. She'd always been prone to being cold, even as a kid he could remember sneaking into her bedroom in the morning to wake her up to play and find her skin frozen.

The long drive had taken a lot out of him, his muscles tight as he stretched in a yawn. After they had eaten dinner at Marquez, Turner took a shower and while Jaden waited he talked with his sister. He'd known why Turner had dumped her and she was mad when he told her that. He didn't really blame her for being upset with him- he would have been too if that had happened to him and she didn't explain. Jaden promised Turner that he wouldn't tell her, and until recently, Jaden was unsure if Turner would ever explain. That was part of the reason why Turner drove down with him, was to win Jamie back. 

From what he could tell though, Jamie had a lot of guys to deal with. Jaden walked across the hall and into the bathroom. Once he turned on the shower, he stripped out of his loose shorts and boxers then grabbed his toothbrush. He shoved the toothpaste bottle in his mouth and squirted a dollop in before shoving the toothbrush in as well. Jamie always said he was disgusting whenever she saw him do this, but he didn't care. It wasn't like she was going to break his habit with that pinched up face she made when she saw something gross. 

He stepped into the shower, welcoming the refreshing warm flow of water. As he scrubbed his body clean of the nastiness that clung to him from the road trip, he sighed.
He finished scrubbing his teeth and spat out the residing toothpaste. He turned to face the water and rinsed his mouth out. His eyes became droopy under the warm stream. Damn, he was tired. There was a knock on the door which surprised him and he shoved the curtain closer to the wall. 

"Someone's in here!" Jaden yelled out, trying to be heard over the sound of the shower. 

Whoever was on the other side of the door either didn't hear or didn't care  because it swung open. Jaden smacked his forehead for forgetting to lock the door.

Idiot, he called himself as both hands went to cover his junk.

"I am naked in here!" He shouted exasperated. Seriously? Could they not hear the shower?

"Oh, keep it in your pants! I don't care," His Aunt Tara whined from the opposite side of the bathroom.

"I'm not wearing pants." He was annoyed at his aunt's greeting.

"Sorry, hon. I just need to tidy up in here." Over the roar of the shower, Jaden heard his aunt shuffling around in the bathroom.

Another voice sounded and Jaden rested his head against the tile wall, groaning.

"Aunt T, I already cleaned the bathroom yesterday!" Jamie exclaimed.

"Guys," Jaden groaned. "I'm in the shower."

"Well, it could be cleaned again!" Tara argued.

"What!" Jamie was irritated now. "No, no, no. Get out."

Jaden peeked his head out the side of the curtain and saw his sister shove Tara out the door and shut it.

"No," Jaden whined again. "Why are you still here?"