Chapter 12

A/N: guys guys guys guys guys GUYS OMG WE HIT 1K READS OMG THANK YOU ILY ALL I'M GONNA TRY AND MAKE LONGER CHAPTERS NOW K? K. And try to add at least a chapter every month! Ha, that may be harder than I thought...

Chapter 12

Jamie

Well this couldn't be more awkward. Jamie thought to herself as she walked silently next to Declan. She eyed his clenched fists warily before taking a deep breath and glancing at her phone.

She noticed she had 3 messages, one from Miriam, another from Sully and then the last one from... Turner. Her ex-boyfriend. Resisiting the urge to roll her eyes, she unlocked the screen and read the message from Miriam first.

From: Miriam

JUST SAY SOMETHING TO EACH OTHER ALREADY GOD

Recieved at 3:12 p.m.

Rolling her eyes, she looked behind herself and saw Miriam and Thatcher whispering to each other about a yard or two behind them. Declan turned around and saw them as well.

"They're following us to make sure we actually stay together." Jamie stated in a monotone.

"No shit, Sherlock." Declan retorted annoyedly.

"Fuc-" Jamie barely stopped her from cursing the buttface out. You need to maintain a level head. She told herself. Even around this-turd.

"What were you going to say?" He stopped walking, and she did too.

"Nothing." She said, clenching her fists to try and control her irritation.

"No. Tell me." Declan taunted.

"I. Said. No." Jamie replied grittedly. "I'm not gonna say it."

A wide grin spread across his face as he took a step closer to her. Jamie didn't budge, standing her ground.

"Why won't you tell me?" He asked, an eyebrow cocked.

"Because I won't give you the satisfaction." She crossed her arms, and he took another step closer to her until there was only a few inches between them. They stared at each other with discontent until she finally turned away and uncrossed her arms to look at her phone.

He grunted, immobile.

"Well, come on then. We have places to go." She said impartially. Without waiting for any comformation that he would follow, she began to walk again.

The next text message was from Sully, and she opened that without replying to Miriam.

From: Sully

timmy turner and jaden smith are back to form a rap group

Recieved at 2:41 p.m.

"What does that even mean?" Jamie wondered aloud.

Declan exhaled deeply before glancing at her. "What?"

Jamie looked at him, puzzled. "It's just a text from my brother."

"Which one?"

Jamie could have sworn she saw his lips twitch into a small grin.

"Sully."

"Let me see?" He offered.

"I guess." A bit reluctantly, she handed him her phone, and after he took it, she shoved her hands into her back pockets.

They said nothing for about five minutes, walking, Jamie looking up at the shop signs as they passed. Without another beat, she turned to him and saw him squinting at the screen.