The Injections

Once the pup was three months older and weaned from milk the scientist wanted to see him. The man carried him to the scientist's lab but he wasn't happy about it. He thrashed around but the man had a firm hold on him.

They entered the room and the man dropped the pup on the table. The pup looked up as bright lights were shinning in his face. The scientist checked his teeth, ears, eyes, and nose to make sure he was healthy. Once he confirmed it he laid out numerous needles in front of him.

The pup whined and the man had to hold him down. The scientist grabbed the vile with the eagle DNA and shook it. He then placed it in the needle and flicked the tip of it. The liquid fell out and the pup screeching in far.

The scientist smiled. "Here comes in the next step in hybrids." He thrust the needle into the pup's vein and squeezed the top. Once he was finished he thrust it out and injected him with a few others for pain and other experimental injections.

Once he was finished the scientist took a step back, admiring his work. He was a bit started to see that the pup had began to shake. Suddenly a pair of wings sprouted from his flank. They were dark brown on the outside and white on the inside. The pup looked shocked to have them but he wasn't the least bit afraid of him.

Long talon like claws sprouted from his claws. He snarled and his eyes narrowed in rage. He leaped forward and landed on one of the man's chests. He thrust him to the ground and howled. He turned to the scientist who was now carrying a stick with an electric tip at the end.

The pup drew back in fear, his fur bristling. He licked his lips before he eyes the door. In a sudden burst of energy he darted forward and out of the room.

The scientist dove for him but missed since the pup seemed to have a renewed speed. He darted down the hallways and tried to remember which was they had taken him in. He heard the scientist call for backup and the pup knew he needed to make a move fast.

He surged to the place he thought was the entrance and butted his head against the door. With a burst of energy he opened the door and staggered into the street. immediately the sounds of New York City. The injections had enhanced his senses to those of an eagle's.

He thrust his wings over his head and crept forward, not watching where he was going. His eyes flickered around madly and his breath was coming in labored gasps. He tried to control himself but he was shaking all over.

He suddenly collided with someone who would change his life.