Chappy 37

"Soooo?" (Y/n) smiled in expectancy as she took back her phone. "What did you think?"

Shouto put his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "I don't get it. Why would a person dress as a dinosaur and run around scaring people?"

(Y/n) gave the boy a blank look. "Because it's a prank."

Shouto still remained impassive as he stared at the girl, still not finding any amusement in the video.

(Y/n) sighed in defeat and looked back at her phone, replaying the video. "You seriously have no sense of humor. I died watching it. I raped that replay button for like, what? One hour?"

Shouto blinked. "What."

Not registering Shouto's confusion, the girl giggled at one part before something caught her attention at the corner of her eye. She looked up at the door, the same time Katsuki was entering in class.

As his usual, he searched for the girl's presence, his crimson-colored eyes landing on (Y/n) who was sitting on Shouto's desk. His heart skipped a beat when she sent him a smile and a wave and he responded with a simple boyish nod as he headed to his seat.

Shouto, who had seen this small interaction, narrowed his eyes at the both of them before fully focusing back on (Y/n).

"What was that?"

"Hmm?" (Y/n) looked at Shouto and shrugged carelessly. "I just said hi to Katsuki."

The male sighed at her half-assed answer and gave her a pointed look. (Y/n) rolled her eyes in amusement and smiled at him.

"Katsuki and I made up. We're friends again," she casually said, but her eyes were focused on Shouto's reaction.

"Uh huh..." the boy nodded in nonchalance. He was disappointed that her feud with the ash-blond had ended, which meant that had to be on the lookout for him again.

Unless he got over her...

"Hey, don't worry. He's just my friend and he understands it," the girl explained in an assuring tone. At the same time, her phone vibrated, making her look down at her phone.

[8:38 AM] Fireworks: Come here for a sec

"I uh..." (Y/n) began, slightly distracted by her texting. "I have to go."

She then looked up at Shouto, whose eyes immediately darted from her phone, pretending that he hadn't seen the text. She, however, hadn't noticed and gave him a small smile as she hopped off his desk.

"Besides, it's like two minutes to class time," she continued and pecked him on the cheek. "See you at break."

The girl walked back to her seat, tapping Katsuki on his shoulder to get his attention before sitting down.

"Guess not..." Shouto frowned in irritation and sat on his seat, his day's mood already dissipating.

***

"Can someone tell me which sentences have auxiliary verbs? Just raise your hand and say the numbers aloud," Pres Mic asked, looking up from his textbook to the students.

(Y/n) tapped her pen on the desk while looking around the silent class for anyone who was paying attention. English lesson in the afternoon was never a good idea since three-quarters of the class usually fell asleep. The girl looked to her left and knitted her eyebrows in bewilderment.

Katsuki was asleep, his chin propped up on his hand.

Wow, even when sleeping, he still looks angry. The girl snickered silently, choosing not to disturb him, as tempting as it was. Since she seemed like the only one of the few who was surprisingly paying attention, she raised her hand.