ANWMA -- Special Chapter (Wedding)

Italized words are blast from the past.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at my black ion plated round men's watch from Philippe Patek. My new watch. Seven fifty four.  I smiled at the gift. It was Nina's pre-wedding gift to me, but I frowned at the time.

Tapping my foot, I fidgeted and looked around. The sky, which had been blue and sunny all day, is clouding up. Don't rain, don't rain. At least not until after and we're all inside.

When I looked at this watch again, Some poked me from behind. "Igo, Settle down," he whispers.
It was Chris, my older brother, who came all the way from Barcelona,Spain to  San Agustin Church, Manila

I grabbed on my his arm and looked at my watch. I dropped it with a humph. "Is time slowing down?"

"No, My dear brother, it's not," Chris laughed. Gerard came over just then, misinterpreting my behavior for something else

"Nervous, Iñigo?" he asks quietly.

"Hmm? No, Ge, not nervous. Anxious. Overly excited." I glanced at the sky again, hopping lightly from one foot to the other.

"Oh, I know that feeling," Gerard said winking at me. "I didn't think you'd be nervous." He smiles at me and walks back to his place, to where Roselyn and their baby Rossard were

"It won't rain, Iñigo," Chris says reassuringly.

My father chuckled, watching me ,his son. My mother, seated beside him, leans over and says, "Igo looks very handsome."

"He looks like he's about to jump out of his skin," he laughs. "But yes, Saan pa sila mag ma-mana,dear?."

I saw my mother rolled her eyes but gradually smiled "I'm glad they went with charcoal. Black suits are so... somber," she says, noting the subtle stripe of the men's waistcoats and the Red cravats. "Red must be Nina's favorite color," she observes.

"Mmm," My father nodded. He turns and looks back towards the house, watching for any sign of movement.

Father Luis, the parish priest nods at Patrick, a young man sitting at a portable piano keyboard on a platform. He begins to play. Liebestraum by Liszt.

During the entourage, Meg appears the first in the line of bride's maid, lovely and sweet in her crimson gown. It is long and simple, with a velvet wrap in a shade darker around her shoulders for warmth in the weather's chill.

She is holding a bouquet of Rouge Baizer Red Rose and sprigs of Crimson, flanked with baby's breath and trailing ivy. She is wearing a simple amethyst pendant, a gift from Nina, and her hair is up.

I glanced at Patrick who seems to be transfixed, watching Meg's approach and I saw how she smiles warmly at him as she takes her place.

Next is Diane, in a gown of similar design to Meg's, but in a darker color of red, burgundy. It also has a matching velvet wrap. Normally beautiful, My older sister looks stunning; her fair skin complemented by the dress and her upswept dark hair a stark contrast to all the white.

She has a similar necklace to Meg's and is carrying an identical bouquet.

I saw Tyler stared as she passed by. For sure, He has never seen her wife looking more beautiful, and by the looks of it, he realizes that his jaw has dropped open when my sister caught his eye and winks at him.